Method Community

Auto follow-ups creating two activities

Last post 05-18-2012 1:18 PM by Anonymous. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-18-2012 9:02 AM

Auto follow-ups creating two activities

I am, for this forum's sake, a telemarketer for my company.  I log all calls I make to our clients, and on some, I schedule follow-up calls.  Now when I schedule these follow-ups, I simply click the "Schedule a follow-up" button and set it for a future date.  Now, when I go back to my calander, I see my scheduled follow-up, but when I go to the lead information page, I suddenly see two scheduled activities.  Why?  They have diffferent activity types.  One is the phone call outgoing I've scheduled, and then one is "requested catalog", an activity I use quite often in my activity log, but never have I set that up to auto create anything.

It's a lot of information, but it's really throwing my for a loop.  Any suggestions?  Thank you in advance for your time and help!

• 05-18-2012 12:09 PM In reply to

Re: Auto follow-ups creating two activities

Answer

SMFletcher91:
    Why?

There should be 2 activities, one for your call outgoing and one for your follow up.  One should be listed as completed and the other one should be not started since this will be your followup activity for 1 week out.   Are you seeing more than 2?

~C

• 05-18-2012 12:49 PM In reply to

I am seeing both of my "phone call outgoing" activities, and I know that's how that's supposed to be, and that's how I want it.  I have also created a new activity "Requested Catalog".  I don't add any additional information to this activity, it's just for me to see once I open their account.  Somehow, I've had my leads duplicate this "requested catalog" activity (There should only be one per lead as of right now), and I'm not quite sure how this happened.

The only thing I can think of is when I made the new activity, I linked the type to "phone", so I went through and changed that to "other", and I'm going back through my contacts and deleting the extra activity.  Maybe I did an import that I wasn't supposed to; I've been doing a lot of exporting, but I don't remember importing except for my initial imports.

• 05-18-2012 1:18 PM In reply to

SMFletcher91:
    Somehow, I've had my leads duplicate this "requested catalog" activity

The only thing I can think of here is that you might be setting a follow up on those requested catalog activities.  Is this a custom page?  Maybe there's an additional process which is adding that activity for you?  I tried to follow along your steps but I couldn't trigger an additional activity.

~C

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)