Method Community

Scheduler app

Last post 05-18-2012 9:55 AM by Anonymous. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-17-2012 9:24 AM

Scheduler app

Everything Method has already set up for Field Services is exactly what my client needs and is very excited to use. However, they also NEED a scheduler - where step three cannot be addressed until step two is completed. I see the schedule and it looks awesome - does the scenario i described exist and if not how difficult do you think it would be for me to create this?

Michele

It's me :)
  • 05-17-2012 3:55 PM In reply to

Re: Scheduler app

Answer

micheleh:
    does the scenario i described exist and if not how difficult do you think it would be for me to create this?

This scenario doesn't exist in the current version of Field Services but is something that could be built on your own, or with the help of one of our consultants here.

~C

• 05-18-2012 8:47 AM In reply to

I have a programming background and feel confident I could figure it out but I am hoping for a little direction to get me started. Do you have any suggestions on where I might start?

Michele

It's me :)
  • 05-18-2012 9:55 AM In reply to

Answer

micheleh:
    Do you have any suggestions on where I might start?

Start with a workflow on paper, define what Method does for you currently and where you'll need extra screens.  Build up a database schema to cover the missing parts in your process then set to building.  I've really simplified this process but if you have a technical background then you know most of the process, you'll just need to get some Method hours under your belt.

I find the best way to learn Method is to reverse engineer the screens we've built.  I'll also recommend our consultants here again, if you get stuck or need some help building your workflow then we've got some great people on staff here.

~C

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)