Method Community

Customization

Last post 05-25-2012 5:01 PM by Anonymous. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-25-2012 3:30 PM

• Teguar
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-24-2012
    • Posts 1

Customization

Hello Method Team,

We have just bought your basic version and I watched your webinars about customization.

You are saying in there that it is possible to make field changes with the basic version but it looks like we can't do it. We eg. try to replace the field "Lead rating" by "Product interest" and would also like to change the drop downs for it. Is that possible with the basic version? If yes, can we add dropdown options since "lead rating" has only 3 right now?

And another question is if we add a new field to the Opportunity tab can we then also see that field in the Opportunity list, so we can select according to the new field too? Is that with the basic version possible?

Thanks for your quick reply.

Corinne

704 960 1761 x201

• 05-25-2012 4:14 PM In reply to

Re: Customization

Answer

I'm working with Corinne and Alex on this one and was able to answer these questions by phone.

​Selwyn van Rooyen | 321.800.8410
    Advanced Certified Method Consultant
    www.wynsolutions.com
  • 05-25-2012 5:01 PM In reply to

Re: Customization

Teguar:
    ...make field changes with the basic version

With both the basic and Pro version you can add new fields to a table but you can't modify fields that already exist in a table.  Instead of replacing the LeadRating field you can add a new field to the customer table called ProductInterest - this is possible in the basic version.  You can change the dropdown options for LeadRating by creating a custom screen based off the LeadRating table.  Add a grid to this screen and allow editing of the field through the grid.

Teguar:
    if we add a new field to the Opportunity tab can we then also see that field in the Opportunity list

I'm afraid I don't understand the question fully - you can add a new field to the Opportunity table and you can add that new field onto the New Opportunity screen through customization.  This is possible with the basic version of Method.

~C

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)