Method Community

Asking for creds and not directing to screen

Last post 05-21-2012 8:54 AM by Method_Paul. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-20-2012 12:47 PM

Asking for creds and not directing to screen

When using the April version and I click "edit/view in method" and I'm logged into method via google open id and directed to the edit screen.

If I'm already logged into method and setup to log into method using the May version I get this message  "Your session has either timed-out, or you have signed into your account on another computer.  The last login was from IP xx.xxx.xxx.xxx at  May-20-2012 01:35 PM." 

If I'm not already logged in and setup to log into the May version I'm directed to the basic log in page instead of being automatically logged in.

I hope I've explained this clearly enough.

Mark Crews
    Cloud Consultancy
    Principal and Developer

• 2012 MethodCRM Partner of the Year

• 2012 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

• 2011 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

Visit our website to find out about our training, support, and customization services.
    blog: cloudconsultancyllc.com/blog/
    ph: 434.326.1601
    e: support@cloudconsultancyllc.com

What is Method?
  • 05-21-2012 8:27 AM In reply to

Re: Asking for creds and not directing to screen

Thanks Mark -

I had the same thing happen to me, but can't duplicate it regularly.  I'm able to get out of the loop by:

1. Signing into the April version, and signing out.

2. Switching to the May version.

3. Trying the link from Gmail again.

There are so many variables at play, and it's all related to shuffling versions of Method cookies, and betas of the Gmail talking to the live version of Method, while there is also a staging version of Method available.....I'm confident once the May version of Method goes live, this will resolve itself.

Paul

• 05-21-2012 8:54 AM In reply to

Re: Asking for creds and not directing to screen

Actually, I was able duplicate this every time.

I have a fix up there now where the redirect reads what your personal preferred version of Method is (April or May, or for that case June, July, etc.), and does a redirect specifcally to that version. Previously it was hardcoded to sign you into the current "live" version, which is not only inconvenient if you are on stage, it also caused the cookie versioning mishap you experienced.

Problem solved?

Paul

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)