Method Community

Radio Buttons Selection Change not working

Last post 06-04-2012 12:22 PM by Anonymous. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-28-2012 12:57 AM

Radio Buttons Selection Change not working

So it might be me but i don't think so.....I can not get Selection Change to do anything with my Radio Buttons.  In trying to figure out if it was my entire code, i took it down to 1 simple command to Enter value into field on screen from value in radio button and chaning the selection of the radio button this command did not work??  

I am making the assumption the value from Radiobox1 (my name of radio box) would have been put into my text box.  

My end goal is to show/hide Field/object and also assign selected value to action result depending on the value selected from the radio box.

Anyone that can help would be awsome. 

• 05-28-2012 8:56 AM In reply to

Re: Radio Buttons Selection Change not working

Answer

Chris Berg:
    I am making the assumption the value from Radiobox1 (my name of radio box) would have been put into my text box.

As a simple test, I made a radio button with 3 choices; selection 1, selection 2 and selection 3.  On the action for selection change I added a simple show message and used the value from screen (my radio button) as the message.  On each radio button change I'm seeing my radio button text in the show message box.  

As I understand your question, you're trying to show/hide a field and assign a value based on selection change from the radio button?  You might want to build a conditional statement around the selection change actions to verify which option is selected.  Post back if you have any problems.

~C

• 05-28-2012 10:29 AM In reply to

Chad,

Thanks for the resonse.  It sounds like you were able to accomplish the simple test that i could not.  I went to a blank form and tried exactly what you did and it worked there.

I could not repicate it in my form.  I am altering a copied version of the mobileQBinvoice, item tab.  Is there some property of the mobile side that wont allow a radio buttons to work??

Thanks again for the help.

• 05-28-2012 12:54 PM In reply to

Chris Berg:
    Is there some property of the mobile side that wont allow a radio buttons to work?

It appears there might be a bug with mobile radio buttons "selection change" action, I'm doing some testing on this exact page with my mobile phone but I'm not seeing the selection change action trigger.  I'll post back some details if this is confirmed or if there is another way to do this.

~C

• 06-02-2012 12:13 AM In reply to

Any luck here Chad?

• 06-04-2012 12:22 PM In reply to

Chris Berg:
    Any luck here Chad?

The selection change with radio buttons on mobile has been identified as a bug, I'll update this thread when I have more information.

~C

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)