Method Community

Receiving Items and Entering bills in Method: is it different from Quickbooks?

Last post 06-05-2012 12:10 PM by Anonymous. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-29-2012 3:27 PM

Receiving Items and Entering bills in Method: is it different from Quickbooks?

So I have a suspicion that the Item Receipt screen and the Enter Bill screen in Method do not work with each other in quite the same way as in Quickbooks. Tell me if I'm right:

My goal is to be able to create an Item Receipt by selecting against a PO. Then, after that PO has been marked fully recieved, I want to be able to separately enter a Bill against that same PO

Quickbooks has an option for this: under the "Vendors" dropdown menu, there's an option to Enter Bill for Received Items. This allows you to enter a bill for a PO that already has an Item Receipt associated with it. 

The problem is, I can't find the equivalent option in Method. Both the Item Receipt and Enter Bill screens link to the PurchaseOrder_OpenPOs screen when you click the "Select PO.." button. This means that if you created an Item Receipt for a PO, the PO will be marked as fully received, and will no longer show up in the OpenPOs screen when you go to select a PO for the Bill. Shouldn't I be able to select a PO for a bill, even if it is marked as fully received?

Is there a way to Enter Bill for Received Items in Method? Or, to put it another way, is there a way to create both an Item Receipt and separately a Bill, and have them reference the same Purchase Order? 

(Also, I'm cautious about customization because that would only solve the problem on the Method side, and wouldn't synch properly with QB Item Receipts and Bills)

• 05-29-2012 5:25 PM In reply to

Re: Receiving Items and Entering bills in Method: is it different from Quickbooks?

Some followup info:

1) If I enter an Item Receipt in Method, I can go into QB and Enter Bill for Received Items, and it will successfully list the PO as one that has been received against, but not billed. 

2) I notice than on the Item Receipt screen in Method, the records from the ItemReceiptLineItem table have a field called Billable Status. This field is set by default to Billable, but the dropdown also gives the option to change it to HasBeenBilled. Presumably, the lineitem is changed to that second option when the bill is entered against that PO's line items. However, I couldn't find any actions in the Enter Bill screen that affected the ItemReceiptLineItem table. 

• 05-30-2012 12:42 PM In reply to

Re: Receiving Items and Entering bills in Method: is it different from Quickbooks?

smoyhee,

There's a lot ot digest here and I just wanted to let you know I'll have a reply up for you soon.

~C

• 06-05-2012 12:10 PM In reply to

Answer

smohyee:
    Is there a way to Enter Bill for Received Items in Method? Or, to put it another way, is there a way to create both an Item Receipt and separately a Bill, and have them reference the same Purchase Order? 

I was able to create an Item Receipt for a PO then Enter a Bill for the same PO.  My PO was not marked as fully received in the Item Received as you mentioned.  As a test, I created a PO, entered a Bill for it then tried to create an Item Receipt - in this process my PO was not selectable from the Item Receipt screen because it was marked as fully received on the Bills screen.

I tried this very similar process through QB and when I create a PO and Receive Items on that PO, it gets marked as fully received (and the PO disappears from my PO list).

I might not be understanding your process fully but the Method screens appear to follow the same process as QB.

~C

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)