Method Community

trouble w/ documents

Last post 06-06-2012 3:39 PM by Anonymous. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-06-2012 1:40 PM

trouble w/ documents

From the Document tab, when I try to change the Folder field I get the following error message:

Make sure the field(s) being displayed have not been deleted from the table. If they have please edit this dropdown and remove the fields.

When I click on the ... I get another error.

If I'm inside an opportunity, for example, uploading a document and I click on the ... I get this message:

Could not run the 'Show Screen In Popup' command, as there was a problem locating the Screen 'QBO_DocumentLibraryFolder'. This Screen may have been deleted, or if you copied the original Screen from another account, you may also need to copy the Screen 'QBO_DocumentLibraryFolder' as well.

Additional Information

Action Sequence Order:1

Please help.  Also, is there a way to upload more than one document at a time?

Thanks.

• 02-06-2012 3:29 PM In reply to

Re: trouble w/ documents

Answer

Hi swm023, 

Are the error messages appearing in an original screen or a customized screen? The best way to find this out is by hovering your mouse pointer over the "New Document" tab link. 

In regards to your question on uploading multiple documents at one time, currently you can upload one document at a time, but with the new "Documents" tab, you have the option to associate a single uploaded document to different CRM areas within Method. 

Under the "Document List" tab link, If you click on the Go To... link within the grid for a document that is currently uploaded, on the "Edit Document" screen that will appear there is a button called New Document Link... which will allow you to link this document to multiple Activities, Customers, Opportunities, Case #'s, and Solution Titles

I hope that this helped and I am looking forward to helping you with the error message as well. 

Ronen

• 02-06-2012 3:58 PM In reply to

Hi swm023, 

I just wanted to let you know that we are looking into resolving those error messages internally and will provide you with an update once we have the issue resolved. 

Ronen

• 02-09-2012 2:15 PM In reply to

Hi swm023,

Can you please let me know if you are still experiencing those error messages. 

Ronen

• 06-06-2012 11:35 AM In reply to

I am experiencing this error message in a QBO account.

In both the New Document & Edit Document screens (not customized), when I select the Folder dropdown list, I'm not able to choose anything, it just displays the error about fields being displayed not been deleted.

When I click on the ..., it takes me to New/Edit Document folders screen, but I get the following error when clicking the Select link from the grid below:

Error Setting the Active Record ID for the screen.

Additional Information

There was a problem with the 678703488 field on this screen. Please remove and readd the field and republish this screen to resolve this issue

Also, just a comment on Document Managment in general - there is a lot of linking around to other screens and it gets a little confusing. While doing some testing, before I knew it, there were 3 pop up screens on top of my original. Not sure what would make it easier, maybe allowing the linking to customer/vendor/activity/opp OR estimate/invoice/payment to take place in the New Document screen, once the Internal check box in unchecked. Just a thought.

Thanks!

• 06-06-2012 3:39 PM In reply to

AutumnW:
    I am experiencing this error message in a QBO account.

I was able to recreate this error on my own account and I'll update this thread with more details as I get them.

AutumnW:
    Also, just a comment on Document Managment in general - there is a lot of linking around to other screens and it gets a little confusing. While doing some testing, before I knew it, there were 3 pop up screens on top of my original. Not sure what would make it easier, maybe allowing the linking to customer/vendor/activity/opp OR estimate/invoice/payment to take place in the New Document screen, once the Internal check box in unchecked. Just a thought.

I just wanted to mention that most of the time this link is created automatically when a new document is uploaded into Method from any screens using this feature.  The only time you really need to worry about linking manually is if you are setting up a manual link to a document (after uploading).

~C

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)