Method Community

Cant pay more than one bill

Last post 06-12-2012 4:39 PM by Anonymous. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-20-2012 7:03 PM

Cant pay more than one bill

Greetings,

Method Feb Version>Bill pay Billpayment from template online CRMqudesktop @267> Check more than one bill> press the pay selected bills button.

If you check mark more than one bill to pay, it will only pay one of them.  I have to check mark one bill, press the Pay Selected Bills button, then uncheck it, then check a new bill and repeat.  

John M

• 02-22-2012 3:31 PM In reply to

Re: Cant pay more than one bill

Hi John M,

I wanted to let you know that I am looking into this issue and will update this forum post once I have an update.

Ronen

• 06-06-2012 8:46 AM In reply to

Greetings,

The above issue did get fixed....but now its back again.  

John M

• 06-06-2012 1:12 PM In reply to

John M:

I was able to recreate this issue - I'll respond back to this thread when I have more information from our team.

~C

• 06-12-2012 9:08 AM In reply to

John M:

After some extensive research I can say for certain there is no bug around paying multiple bills inside Method.  Can you describe the steps again and maybe we can figure out where things are going wrong.  I know you need to wait for the bills to be posted so maybe you're trying to pay bills which have not been posted to QuickBooks yet.

~C

• 06-12-2012 11:38 AM In reply to

This is interesting it will not process my drawings out of our business account.  Maybe I am doing this wrong...here is whats going on. 

1. I go to bills,

2. As a vendor i choose JohnMDrawing

3. Choose accounts payable

4. In the line item i choose Drawing

5.These transactions are in quickbooks ready to be paid. 

6. I go to bill pay, check mark all the JohnMDrawing transactions and this is where the hang up is. Method will pay all the other bills...just not my johnmdrawing trasactions. 

7. Here is the interesting part, if i check mark just one JohnMDrawing Transaction in bill payment, then it gets processed. 

Maybe i am doing this transaction wrong?   

• 06-12-2012 3:24 PM In reply to

John M:
    Maybe i am doing this transaction wrong?

Can you pay this bill inside QuickBooks?  If you can pay others but not this one then I want to know what QuickBooks does when you try to pay this.  Please post back your results.

~C

• 06-12-2012 4:05 PM In reply to

Found the issue

quickbooks 2012>Vendor Center> Vendor tab> (choose your vendor in this case JohnMDrawing)> Edit Vendor> Account Info tab> Categorzing and Defaults and the dropdown list called type.  

Ok. the JohnMDrawing was the only vendor that had type dropdown list filled in.  So i made it blank. Went to Method, filled in a few more transactions...checked marked all of them, and they were gone in less than 10 sec. 

Dont know why i have this filled in. Dont really need it..so i am keeping this blank. 

Good luck with this. :)

• 06-12-2012 4:39 PM In reply to

Answer

John M:
    Found the issue

I'm glad this is resolved now and sorry for the earlier confusion.

~C

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)