Method Community

How to Set Up Method to Have Email from Outlook with invoice attached as PDF?

Last post 06-13-2012 12:08 PM by smohyee. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-31-2012 10:53 AM

• scott
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-30-2012
    • Posts 4

How to Set Up Method to Have Email from Outlook with invoice attached as PDF?

I am having a bit of trouble with the outlook integration. I would like to have the action, "Save and E-mail", provide an option to use outlook e-mail with a PDF attached, instead of using the customer portal.

Has anyone completed this? It was my understanding form a tech call that an e-mail can be sent within outlook from Method with a PDF attached. I have not found a video about this, as I was told I could. Can you please help if you can.

• 06-12-2012 2:55 PM In reply to

Re: How to Set Up Method to Have Email from Outlook with invoice attached as PDF?

Answer

scott:
    I would like to have the action, "Save and E-mail", provide an option to use outlook e-mail with a PDF attached, instead of using the customer portal.

You can send an email from within Outlook and use any number of attachement but these attachements are not stored within Method.  We only store the message body into the activity.

I think what you're trying to do is send an email from Method - this was posted in the Outlook forum so I'm going to move this post over to our General Q&A.

scott:
    Has anyone completed this?

Yes.  To email a PDF from within Method use a Generate Report action followed by a Send Email action to send the PDF.

~C

• 06-13-2012 12:08 PM In reply to

Re: How to Set Up Method to Have Email from Outlook with invoice attached as PDF?

scott, I had a similar misconception about Outlook and Method. Right now I have Method set up to use its own templates and attach its generated reports, and to send within Method. I have this email BCC to myself so I can view it in Outlook later.

But what I would really love is to be able to click a "send email" button in Method, and have an Outlook email window pop up, with the template inserted and the generated report PDFs attached, like how Quickbooks does it. This allows us to view and change attachments, keep track of sent emails in the Outlook "sent" folder, and take advantage of all the specialized email features Outlook offers. Join me in requesting this feature!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)