Method Community

Grid on Screen Refreshes When Linked From One Screen, But Not Another

Last post 06-15-2012 6:10 PM by Blake C. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-15-2012 2:07 PM

Grid on Screen Refreshes When Linked From One Screen, But Not Another

I have a screen that is loaded using a Show/Hide Tab Link & Go To Tab Link passing in a couple shared result values that the screen grid will use to filter on. This works fine.

I have another screen that, from an action, will do a Show/Hide Tab Link & Go To Tab Link to the same screen in question, passing the same shared result values. The screen loads fine (with the correct Active Record ID), but the grid on the screen doesn't load and filter at all. It just keeps the previous values in the grid, so it's showing incorrect values.

Why would a screen (in particular a grid) behave differently when loading from two different locations?

Thoughts?

Thanks...

Blake C
  • 06-15-2012 3:55 PM In reply to

Re: Grid on Screen Refreshes When Linked From One Screen, But Not Another

Answer

Blake C:
    Why would a screen (in particular a grid) behave differently when loading from two different locations?

You might need to add a grid refresh action to the on screen load action.  When a grid is in a section the refesh only happens when you select that section.  Let me know if that works for you.

~C

• 06-15-2012 6:10 PM In reply to

Re: Grid on Screen Refreshes When Linked From One Screen, But Not Another

Answer

Thx for that...I think I did drop a Refresh in there. That wasn't my problem. My problem is I'm an idiot.

Upon further review, my initial approach was correct. In my haste, I was pulling the wrong damn ID from my previous screen, so the Grid was trying to load a record that didn't exist.

That's what I get for having 40 actions in a Button Click. Easy to miss stuff with so much data flying around.

Thanks again for the help

Blake C
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)