Method Community

Pass In Values For A Grid Filter

Last post 06-18-2012 9:48 AM by Anonymous. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-15-2012 2:42 PM

Pass In Values For A Grid Filter

Sometimes, rather than loading a screen and manually typing in filter criteria for a grid, I'd like to pass in a value or two when the screen loads so the grid will filter based on this information automatically.

Is there a way to do this?

Sorry if it's something obvious and I'm just missing it.

Blake C
  • 06-15-2012 4:15 PM In reply to

Re: Pass In Values For A Grid Filter

Answer

Blake C:
    Is there a way to do this?

Yes.  There's an action called Set the View Filter but you'll need to define the filter ahead of time, then call Set the View Filter on screen load.

~C

• 06-15-2012 6:05 PM In reply to

Thanks for that info....I'd never used that Action Set before. I tried it and I saw it work just as you mentioned.

One question, is it possible to use Shared Results in a Filter where there may or not be shared result values set? That way we don't have to have custom Filters, but rather something like extension variables on our existing Filters that may or may not further constrain the search based on whether a value is set or not.

Just wondering...

Thx

Blake C
  • 06-18-2012 9:48 AM In reply to

Answer

Blake C:
    is it possible to use Shared Results in a Filter

Yes.  If the shared result is available then it will filter based on that criteria, if not then it will not filter.  This allows you to setup some dynamic filtering triggered by user action on a page - a very cool feature.

~C

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)