Method Community

Estimate Search by Number limited

Last post 06-28-2012 5:02 PM by Anonymous. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-28-2012 9:01 AM

Estimate Search by Number limited

I am working on finding Estimates and generating current status's in Method.  I can only see/search the last few weeks. As a company working in new construction the date of the estimate can be months out.  The Estimate is the work order for our company and I am not total certain how they differ in Method but I digress. When I search for an estimate number earlier than the last few weeks it is not finding it. 

Is there a setting that  I need to change? or can you help me understand why this would not be found. The estimate # is in QB and the job does appear in Method but not the estimate.

Michele

It's me :)
  • 06-28-2012 4:50 PM In reply to

Re: Estimate Search by Number limited

Answer

micheleh:
    Is there a setting that  I need to change?

It sounds like the Transaction History timing is set too low for your estimates.  By default we only reach back 31 days into your transaction history, longer than this and you'll need to adjust your default settings.

Go to the tab Quickbooks > Synchronize, scroll down to the transaction history section and click the Show options per transaction type link.  Scroll down the Estimate drop down and change the default to a date range that works for you.  Click Save Settings, then click the Sync Now button at the top for a full sync.

~C

• 06-28-2012 5:02 PM In reply to

Re: Estimate Search by Number limited

I just wanted to add here that we default to the last 31 days because syncing a high number of transactions can slow down the use of QuickBooks while the sync occurs.  Best practice is to only pull in a longer date range for specific transactions and not all of them.  

~C

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)