Method Community

field graying out

Last post 08-31-2009 12:06 PM by Anonymous. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-28-2009 12:45 PM

• pholcer
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-08-2009
    • Northern Utah
    • Posts 139

field graying out

What would cause a field to gray out?

I've seen it happen intermittently on the receive payments screen but usually signing out resolves the problem.

I'm running into the same thing on another screen but signing out isn't resolving the problem.

Any ideas?

It is the amount field.

Thanks!!

Phillip Holcer

help@myanchorsolutions.com
    www.myanchorsolutions.com
    Anchor Tax Plus LLC
    PO Box 266 Tremonton, UT 84337
    (435) 553-4TAX

• 08-31-2009 10:05 AM In reply to

Re: field graying out

Hi Phillip,

What steps you took before you saw this 'graying out' of the amount field? I'm unable to replicate it on my end. When you say 'graying out' do you mean that it doesn't allow you to enter anything into the amount field and it changes color to gray, in other words become like a read only field?  You mention that is happening on another screen, what screen is that? Have you done any customization to these screens? Is it the amount field on the other screen as well?

• 08-31-2009 11:42 AM In reply to

• pholcer
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-08-2009
    • Northern Utah
    • Posts 139

I've seen it a couple times on the receive payments screen but haven't been able to replicate it since.

The screen I'm seeing it on now is bill payment screen. It looks like maybe the amount can't be inserted from that screen. It's graying out like it's read only. Won't let you insert.

Thanks!!

Phillip Holcer

help@myanchorsolutions.com
    www.myanchorsolutions.com
    Anchor Tax Plus LLC
    PO Box 266 Tremonton, UT 84337
    (435) 553-4TAX

• 08-31-2009 12:06 PM In reply to

Hi Phillip,

The bill payment screen is actually designed that way. The idea behind it, is that the amount be entered under the expenses or items section. Once entered and the entry is saved then the amount of the bill will be updated with the matching amount as entered for the expense /item.  This is smart way of doing it to avoid pop ups that the amounts don't correspond.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)