Method Community

Entering Inventory Items into Method

Last post 07-02-2012 1:42 PM by Anonymous. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-26-2010 4:21 PM

Entering Inventory Items into Method

Hi Team,

Can you enter inventory items directly into Method, or do they have to be uploaded into the table?  Our client does not want anyone to have access to their QB file, so entering items through QB is not possible. 

If they can be entered directly (without going through purchase orders) can someone tell me how?

Thanks! 

Laura Fischer
    Business Accounting Software, Inc.
    512-267-2277
  • 10-27-2010 4:32 PM In reply to

Re: Entering Inventory Items into Method

Answer

Hi Laura,

Assuming that you are referring to a scenario where your client is trying to enter inventory or non-inventory items, this is possible in the "home" screen under the items tab link. To add an inventory item, below the existing items grid screen hit the new... button. This, of course, means your client does not require access to the QB databse, as they can do this directly through method. If you are referring to something different, kindly provide further details on what your client is trying to accomplish, but I hope this addresses your question.

Regards,
    Denis

• 10-28-2010 9:34 AM In reply to

Denis, thank you.  I thought it was a simple enough question, but was unable to find the answer anywhere in the User Guides or in the Forums.

Thanks for the reply!

Laura Fischer
    Business Accounting Software, Inc.
    512-267-2277
  • 06-28-2012 9:05 AM In reply to

I have this same question however I don't see the 'home' screen or the 'items' tab - where should I be looking?

It's me :)
  • 06-28-2012 9:07 AM In reply to

OK I think I found it. How does the cost of the item get entered?

It's me :)
  • 07-02-2012 1:42 PM In reply to

micheleh:
    How does the cost of the item get entered?

If we're looking at the same screen then the cost of the item is entered on the new item screen.  From the QuickBooks tab group click Lists > Items then click the New... button.  From this screen (depending on the item) you should be able to enter the details of your new item including the cost.

~C

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)