Method Community

Automatically Fill Grid

Last post 07-05-2012 10:57 AM by Jason_L. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-03-2012 3:58 PM

Automatically Fill Grid

We have customized a couple of screens so that we can use a custom built table. In our customized contact screen, we have added a grid that is associated with the custom table and, when the correct tab is loaded, the grid fills in with the information from the table, as I would expect it to. However, in our customized Edit_Lead screen, we have a grid that is associated with the same table, has the same columns placed into it and has the same actions. When we load THIS grid, it does NOT fill in with the information from the table. I've been back and forth between the two grids and I can't see the difference between the grid implementation. What do I need to do to get a grid to fill in with the information from its associated table? Should this happen automatically, or does there need to be a trigger placed somewhere?

• 07-04-2012 1:41 PM In reply to

Re: Automatically Fill Grid

Answer

Jason_L:
    What do I need to do to get a grid to fill in with the information from its associated table? Should this happen automatically, or does there need to be a trigger placed somewhere?

There is nothing you need to do to fill in the grid.  When you click to each section the grid loading is an automatic action, nothing is required on your end.  You might have a filter on the grid which is limiting what is being shown.  If you go through the edit grid wizard, step 3 shows your filters - do you have any here?

~C

• 07-05-2012 9:33 AM In reply to

No, I don't have any filters set.

• 07-05-2012 10:15 AM In reply to

Jason_L:
    No, I don't have any filters set.

Are you able to see the grid contents outside a section?  If you want to test grid loading in section tabs, create a new screen with a few sections as tabs.  Then put detached grids into each section, publish the screen and you'll notice that each grid will load on the fly.  There are no actions associated with the loading.

What table are you trying to display in your grid?  Is this is custom table with linked fields maybe?  Are those fields linked correctly?  You mentioned you made a copy of the Edit_Lead screen so I would suggest trying to load this grid on a new screen.  If that works then there might be something in the copied screen that's preventing the grid from loading.

~C

• 07-05-2012 10:57 AM In reply to

Ok. I got it working. It was the difference between attached and detached. A detached table will load, but the same table as an attached table won't. I will keep that in mind for the future.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)