Method Community

Server Slow

Last post 07-03-2012 4:24 PM by Anonymous. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-02-2012 5:05 PM

Server Slow

I'm getting a lot of errors lately...

thoughts?

Thank you,
    Wavetec
  • 07-03-2012 8:48 AM In reply to

Re: Server Slow

Answer

Wavetec:
    thoughts?

It may have been an action on screen or a hiccup with your connection.  Temporary errors can occur but if they persit then it's something we can look into.  Please let us know if you're still getting these errors.

~C

• 07-03-2012 9:02 AM In reply to

Just as a follow up, what were the actual error messages you were getting? and you said lately, when exactly did these problems start happening?

~C

• 07-03-2012 11:14 AM In reply to

Sorry about that... I posted screen shots but I guess they didn't stick.  weird...

Anyway, for the past month or so and with increasing frequency, I'm getting time out errors such as...

"Method is still precessing your request.

The server will be contacte every 15 seconds to verify the health of the process..."

&

"It appears your actions are taking a long time to complete.

Contacting the server to verify we are still processing your request..."

And Method in general has been taking a long time to process just normal screens across the board. 

These are happening in the office with a 25MB Fiber connection to the internet and on a 1GB wired internal network.

I'm not having any other internet issues with speed.

Thank you,
    Wavetec
  • 07-03-2012 4:24 PM In reply to

Wavetec:
    Anyway, for the past month or so and with increasing frequency, I'm getting time out errors such as...

One recent update was to display a message for any processes over 15 seconds, this message is actually a good thing and is letting you know the process is still running healthy.  In the past a process would never give an update so it may have appeared to be faster because you never noticed how long it took.  As in life, when you watch the clock, everything just seems slower.  

We're always improving Method on the backend so there should be speed and process improvements with every release.

~C

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)