Method Community

Hide filter by view

Last post 07-04-2012 10:17 AM by Anonymous. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-03-2012 6:58 PM

Hide filter by view

Can I hide the filter by view but still allow the customer to do their own filtering/searching of the record? I am creating a portal that would allow certain customer to view our inventory but I only want them to be also to view inventory item but not tax item, etc and quanity on hand that is greater than 0. How can I crate a filter like that and the customer won't even know that we are filtering out some of the items? Thank you for your help.

Jason
    Chowrentoys.com
  • 07-04-2012 10:17 AM In reply to

Re: Hide filter by view

Answer

chowrentoys.com:
    Can I hide the filter by view but still allow the customer to do their own filtering/searching of the record?

Yes - On step 3 of the Grid Wizard click the checkbox for filter header and make your default filter whatever you like.  If you only have one filter then the filter menu drop down doesn't show up so the user would never know this list is filtered.  In addition the customer will have access to the filter header input boxes so they can type in their own search terms.  The customer is only going to be able to filter items contained within your default filter so they would not be able to search for items outside that default filter.

~C

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)