Method Community

Projecting Estimated man hours

Last post 07-04-2012 7:32 PM by John M. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-03-2012 1:25 AM

Projecting Estimated man hours

Greetings,

I want to create a grid to find out my future estimated man hours. 

Field services>Work order list> Work order

When your in a work order,  there is a field for est hours.  I want to look into the future and see what all my est hours will be for a month from now in a grid. I created a grid based on ActivityJobItems table. I was able to see the past service line items in that table.  As far as next month from now, there is nothing there.  I take it that the ActivityJob Item table only lists item that it has been completed?  

Thanks, John M

• 07-03-2012 9:00 AM In reply to

Re: Projecting Estimated man hours

The est vs act man hour report in field services does have the info that im looking for....but i guess it cant look in the future.  When you do set up a work order for the first time...its called a series. Where is that series information stored?  In the Activties table i would beleive. 

Thanks

• 07-03-2012 10:18 AM In reply to

• Matt
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-04-2008
    • Posts 877

John,

If it is a series, the job items aren't copied over until you print the route sheet / work order or until you start the job in Method.

Matt Raiser

Founder,

www.techinthefield.com

matt@techinthefield.com

219-221-9500

~ Method user / partner since 2008

~ Over 15 years field service experience

~ 2013 Method Partner of the Year

~ Degree in Computer Science

Creator of:

• 07-03-2012 11:17 AM In reply to

So the only way to get the activties and lineitems data together is to invoke a report or start the time. Got it

Thanks!

John M

• 07-03-2012 2:04 PM In reply to

John M:
    I take it that the ActivityJob Item table only lists item that it has been completed?

Not from my testing, the ActivityJobItems table holds all work orders, past present and future - completed or not.  I quickly made a grid from this table and it totaled my Est Man Hrs column by default.  Was there a filter on your grid maybe?  

~C

• 07-03-2012 3:24 PM In reply to

John, I need to correct myself here - Matt is correct above.

~C

• 07-03-2012 11:02 PM In reply to

C and Matt,

Ok here is what i dont understand.  If Method is not saving future work orders, why is it when i change the estimated man hours in the series midway though the contract, the new changes does not reflect the future work orders.   I would assume that becasue Method is putting future work orders and the items together when it is called into a report. I am still getting the old estimated man hours. Some where method is saving these future work orders becasue it will not change to the new estimated hours.

Tongue Tied

John M

• 07-04-2012 2:59 PM In reply to

I'm just working though this problem with a team member and I'll post back when I can understand the problem a little more.

~C

• 07-04-2012 7:32 PM In reply to

Thanks, 

There is no hurry on this issue, I did not mean for this to get where it is. I do have a report that is kicking up the man hour reports It would be great to get those hours in a grid.  When you look at the series, and it has a service item, it would be great to get that in a grid,  Whats interesting is i cant find that service item anywhere in a table.

JM

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)