Method Community

July Version Errror

Last post 07-16-2012 1:03 PM by Anonymous. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-16-2012 11:07 AM

• csmp
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-01-2011
    • Posts 20

July Version Errror

One of our screens is working properly in the June version, but not in the July version.  We load a users username into a hidden textbox, then we use that hidden textbox for filtering in our dropdown boxes.  So, for example: We have a customer dropdown box that allows our users to choose which customer to assign their time to.  For obvious reasons, we only want our users to see the customers that they are assigned to, so we added a column in the customer's table called "Assigned Users", this is basically a concatonated field of usernames so it looks like "jsmith,jdoe" if we wanted both John Smith and John Doe to have access to that customer.  So in the customer dropdown we filter for 2 things: 1) isActive = yes 2)"AssignedUsers" contains screen.username. (username is the name of the textbox).  Currently we are getting an error in the July version that says:

"ERROR: It appears the screen is currently out of sync. Please try logging out and back in to Method. If this is a custom screen, you can alternatively republish. If the problem persists, please contact your administrator"

So, I obviously tried republishing the screen, which didn't work, then I tried removing all action sequences in the "Load" and "TextChanged" event for the customer dropdown... that didn't work either.  Finally I figured out that the reference to the username textbox wasn't working properly.  I replaced this with a hardcoded username and it worked properly... I tried removing the filter and re-adding it to the dropdown and that didn't fix it... Finally I created a shared action result and referenced that and it seems to work.

Ultimately I just wanted to inform you that there seems to be a bug in the July version... Sorry for the long-winded post.

• 07-16-2012 1:03 PM In reply to

Re: July Version Errror

Answer

csmp:
    Ultimately I just wanted to inform you that there seems to be a bug in the July version

Hi csmp,

Would you mind emailing me your company account name?  I'd like to connect so I can look at this error and give our team a heads up.

~C

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)