Method Community

Prive Level When Adding a New Customer

Last post 07-11-2012 10:08 PM by scottaskinosie. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-08-2012 11:12 PM

Prive Level When Adding a New Customer

Hello,

I am tryng to add a field in Method that allows me to choose the price level for a new customer. Right now we have two price levels, wholseale and retail. I have played around with the field customization but I can't seem to get it to work. It is probably something simple I am overlooking. 

When creating a new account in QuickBooks there is an option to pick the price level, however, no mater what I try I cant get this to translate over to our CRM site. Can someone please help me with a solution or direct me to a forum that I can refer to (I havent found one yet)? If I need to be more desriptive in what I have tried please don't hesitate to ask.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post!!!:)

• 07-09-2012 10:14 AM In reply to

Re: Prive Level When Adding a New Customer

Answer

scottaskinosie:
    no mater what I try I cant get this to translate over to our CRM site

Out of the box we do not support price levels as this is a limitation by the QuickBooks SDK.  You would have to customize to bring this functionality over from QuickBooks completely.

Here's a quote from another thread on this issue:

Price level information entered in QuickBooks is brought over to Method after a full sync is performed.  There is no need to create a new price level screen in Method since you can take advantage of the price level information field under Additional Info on the customer screen. When customizing your invoice / create invoice screen(s) you would want to add actions to check if that customer has a set price level and if so add actions so that your invoice will be adjusted accordingly.  This level of customization can get a little tricky since it incorporates some more advanced actions. You may want to contact your Business Systems Consultant and discuss the possibility of having a Consultant do this for you.

~C

• 07-09-2012 11:11 AM In reply to

If you need some more information while customizing for Price Level, this post from another thread should help:

Price levels can be classified into two categories (a) fixed (b) per item. When you create a price level (this has to be done in QB btw) it is saved in PriceLevel table in Method. If the price level is a per item price level, those additional details are saved in a related table called 'PriceLevelPerItemRetList'.

Try the follow steps below and you'll see what this all means.

1. Create a new screen built off the PriceLevel table
    2. Add a grid based off the same table and include the following in step 2 of the wizard
      1. Select link to set the active record ID
      2. Fields for: Name, PriceLevelType, PriceLevelFixedPercentage  and IsActive

3. Add another attached grid and be sure you select PriceLevelPerItemRetList as the table
    4. Include the fields as part of step 2 of the wizard
    5. Publish the screen
    6. In the 1st grid, select a price level of type PerItem and see what appears in the 2nd grid
    ~C

• 07-11-2012 10:08 PM In reply to

Thanks chad! Both answers were very informative. With all of the information you supplied me with I was able to solve my problem.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)