Method Community

Issues on mobile devices.

Last post 08-07-2012 2:33 PM by Anonymous. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-17-2012 10:21 AM

Issues on mobile devices.

This question came in via email from Wade...

When viewing the transactions on an android device we are unable to view the transactions of a customer.  Online it shows us the amount and balance.  On the mobile version it shows the heading to be Amount but the column really reflects the balance.  Is there a way to see the amount in the column that has that heading?

Yes, you'll need to customize the screen to add this column so if you go to the tab customize > screens and search this list for the Mobile_Customers and click copy.  Copy it to This Account on step 1, give is a name on step 2 then click Do not add a Tab Link on step 3 and click Finished.  Once that finished, search for you newly created screen in the list and click Edit.  In the screen designer click Show under the section called Trans then click the little Edit button on the grid called Transactions.  Click Next on the first step and on the second step you're going to Insert a new Column for AmountForAccountBalance.  AmountForAccountBalance is showing you the transaction amount while the AmountForEntityBalance is showing the balance.  You may want to rename the Caption for each field here to reflect the changes made.

Secondly when searching for a customer the following issues happens:

1. Unable to do a search using the native browser in an android phone with ice cream sandwich os.

I have been able to replicate the behaviour with searching on a mobile on my iPhone.  I'll follow up with you on this.

2. Firefox will allow the search but ever second or third search gives us the following error (we were unable to resolve your request.  Either the screen you are trying to access does not exist, or there was a problem with your request)  The first and second suggestion are unclear and we tried the third which is to close and reopen the browser.  Today we were able to get this error on the first search.

Firefox is unsupported on mobile right now so it would be best to not use this browser on your mobile device with Method. 

3. So our only option to find a customer is to painstakingly hit next till we come to the customer.

Without searching, your only option is to use filters or the next button.

Lastly has it ever been considered to add a map button next to the address in the mobile version to allow for smooth navigation?

I'm sure this has been considered but I will make sure to forward your comments to our team here.

~C

• 07-20-2012 1:03 PM In reply to

Re: Issues on mobile devices.

As we continue to try and use Method on different mobile devices we continue to see the following issues on Android tablets and phones

1. When we do a search on a tablet it will not initiate a search using an Android tablet signed in to the regular site (since the mobile site search return errors)

The follwing tasks were attempted on an Android Tablet not using the Mobile login:

1. When entering data the into a form such as search - when you touch a field to enter data a box to highlight the field comes up and it is not lined up with a field to enter data in and you are unable to type in that box.  If you can get the form to accept data and hit search the program does nothing with the search data.  All of this is being performed on a new Android Tablet running Ice Cream Sandwich
    2. We choose a customer and the customer screen came up just fine clicked on MORE ACTIONS and the screen became unstable and would go blank as if a menu was trying to popup over and over till we clicked the back button to get out of the customer completely
    3. Creating a new workorder - no matter how hard we try it will not allow us to create the workorder and the screen becomes unstable and starts to flash as if it is refreshing over and over.

I am wondering if anyone has ever tried Method out on an Android tablet or mobile device and had any similar issues.  We love the desktop version but wonder if the mobile part is ready for the show with current software and hardward that is being sold today.

• 07-20-2012 1:39 PM In reply to

wmcfall:
    When we do a search on a tablet it will not initiate a search using an Android tablet signed in to the regular site (since the mobile site search return errors)

Search on Mobile devices is currently logged as an issue and I'll follow up on the forums once this has been resolved.

wmcfall:
    The follwing tasks were attempted on an Android Tablet not using the Mobile login

If you're on an Android device then you must use the mobile sign-in link or you're going to run into problems.  Can you retry your process on Android but using the mobile sign-in link located on the Method login page.  Please post up your results.

~C

• 07-21-2012 12:34 AM In reply to

Yes it does work.

With the search not working on the mobile login we wanted to find a workaround.

Hopefully the issue will be resolved soon.

• 08-07-2012 2:33 PM In reply to

wmcfall:
    With the search not working on the mobile login we wanted to find a workaround.

I just wanted to update you that search on mobile is working but there's an extra click you need to make.  When typing in your search term, most peole instinctively click the go button on their phone.  Instead of clicking go you'll need to click the done button then click the icon that looks like a key to the right of the search box.  We're working on a permanent fix but this should work in the meantime.

~C

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)