Method Community

Conflicts

Last post 08-09-2012 9:51 AM by Anonymous. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-12-2012 12:31 PM

• Skye
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2012
    • Posts 12

Conflicts

Hi team!

We have a series of recurring issues regarding specific line items.  I even created "similar but new" line items so that we wouldn't get the conflict, but it is still happening:

When using item # DTC CC-FLAT-FEE-CONTRACT or DTC CC-MATERIALS we have to open up the invoice - and re-enter the information using the same number once it is in the invoice.  We originally add those line items from within the service ticket area.  

I tried removing the old numbers, and putting in new, undeleting original, nothing seems to fix the issue.  Once we have redone the lines from within the actual invoice it works fine -- and since it is the exact same line item # that we put in from the service ticket, I'm at a loss.

Thoughts?

Skye

• 06-12-2012 3:58 PM In reply to

Re: Conflicts

Skye:
    We have a series of recurring issues regarding specific line items.

Are you getting an error message?  If so what's the message?  and what steps are you taking to trigger that message?

Skye:
    ...we have to open up the invoice - and re-enter the information...

Are you working with a custom screen or the stock Method screens?

Please post up more details on the steps to recreate the error and the message you're getting back from Method.

~C

• 07-25-2012 7:04 PM In reply to

• Skye
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2012
    • Posts 12

So I have been waiting to get a screen shot, and haven't gotten one. I haven't forgotten you :)  I just haven't had anyone tell me it has happened recently.

• 08-02-2012 11:05 AM In reply to

• Skye
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2012
    • Posts 12

Errors:

Could not add/edit the Invoice 'RecordID 843'. The response from QuickBooks Online was: -11218 - One of the list elements assigned to this transaction has been deleted. Before you can modify this transaction, you must restore DWS MAINT-ACG-REG (deleted).

And anotheone:

Could not add/edit the Invoice 'RecordID 855'. The response from QuickBooks Online was: -11218 - One of the list elements assigned to this transaction has been deleted. Before you can modify this transaction, you must restore DTC CC MATERIALS (deleted).

• 08-03-2012 8:22 AM In reply to

Answer

Hi Skye,

From the details of those conflicts it looks like you deleted items that were in use on invoices.  To correct these conflicts you'll need to either restore the items DWS MAINT-ACG-REG and DTC CC MATERIALS or remove those items from the recent invoices you used them on.

~C

• 08-03-2012 1:28 PM In reply to

• Skye
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2012
    • Posts 12

It would seem like that wouldn'it :)  Thproblem ithis.

The items are NOT deleted.  When we use the dropdowfrom within the work order to select them it displayas it should in the page.

When we thecreate an invoice from that work orderit movethe number over and althe notes (number being itenumber) and puts it intthinvoice.

Iorder to "fix" the fact that the errois beinthrownwe must recreate that fulline item bcreating new lineselecing the SAME ITEEXACTLY from the dropdown and theupdating the grid and deleting the original.

Wknow iis the same number (itenumber) because we namethe original as (old) and created these NEW numbersand those arthe onethat we select.

It happens with only 3 items.

• 08-07-2012 9:00 AM In reply to

Hi Skye,

Sorry for the delay in response.  The mystery deepens on this one - if the items are not deleted yet they still throw up conflicts when using them on invoices makes me thing something on those item may have changed recently.  Are there any other conflicts on the account?  Do any of your conflicts mention rebuilding your QuickBooks file?

As a test can you make a copy of those items and just change the name slightly.  Please keep the originals and try making an invoice using the new items and let me know what happens.  Has anything changed with your QB data file after this problem started?  Have you been able to use these items successfully before?

~C

• 08-09-2012 9:33 AM In reply to

• Skye
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2012
    • Posts 12

HChad, thanks for bearinwith me.

OkI did almost whayou suggested. I weninto QBOand undeletethe "old" items renaming them slightly.

What found wathat it looklike the listbetweescheduling and invoicing task anmaterials line items, and invoices are not the same.

When undeleted the line items, the "new" names showeup in the invoices, and I waable to savthe items using those new numbers.

So what seems to bhappening...is if we delete an itemand create another with the same name (whicmight seem a little silly) the programming doesn't take into account that it is actually a separate line item.  Iis keeping the original programming on the scheduling and invoicing screenand when you get to the invoice, ithinks iis looking for the one that wadeleted.  Swe would have to select the line iteagain to make it resolve correctly.

Once I saw thisI waable to rename the old deleted and it workthe same between both elements.

PHEW.

think that is what you mighwant to cala bug?  Buit IS RESOLVEFOME!!!!!

• 08-09-2012 9:51 AM In reply to

Skye:
    But it IS RESOLVED FOR ME!!!!!

Thanks for the follow up post Skye. I'm sure this will help another user in the future. If I've learned anything working with QBO it's that - delete is never truly a delete. Similar to deleting a customer, you should rename the item or customer to include the word "deleted" so the name isn't reserved.

~C

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)