Method Community

Exporting Customers/Leads

Last post 09-04-2012 8:44 AM by Anonymous. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-24-2012 12:34 PM

Exporting Customers/Leads

I'm looking to export customers and leads to Excel

I added an "Export" button at the bottom of our "Customer List" screen, and assigned the action "Export Grid To Excel".

If I press the botton after the screen loads (ie. to export all records) I get the error message:

"No Records were selected from the grid for exporting. Additional Information Please select(by checking) one or more records and try again."

Even if I type "Toronto" in the City column heading to filter the grid for all customers in Toronto, pressing the Export button yields the same error.

There is no column in the grid with, say, a checkbox for selecting a row, but regardless, adding one would seem a bit klunky.

Is there any way to export to Excel the grid that is onscreen or the result of a filter, without having to select records?

Thanks

• 08-24-2012 1:00 PM In reply to

Re: Exporting Customers/Leads

Answer

MikeB:
    and assigned the action "Export Grid To Excel".

Can you double check the action here, there's a little checkbox under the Grid/Table you want to export that says Only select rows that are checked.  If that option is checked then this would be the problem.  Uncheck the option and your grid should export fine.  If you're still having a problem, post back and I can have look a look at this action in more detail.

~C

• 08-25-2012 9:41 AM In reply to

Of course - right there in front of my eyes. It works now, but I have a new issue:

The Entries in the Sales Rep and Customer Name column are exported into Excel with their bold and italic markings. (see below) Is there any way to not exprt those?

In the field definitions for the grid for those 2 fields, there's an SQL override for each where the bold and italic tags reside (and where some "null" qualifiers are added). I can delete the formatting tags, and the export is fine. But I guess there's no way to export without those tags showing up, right - without deleting them, that is?

<b>RepID     </b> <i>Customer Name</i>

• 09-04-2012 8:44 AM In reply to

MikeB:
    But I guess there's no way to export without those tags showing up, right - without deleting them, that is?

No - you would have to adjust the SQL Override to remove those extra tags.  Since these extra tags are added to the grid they also end up as part of the export.  You may want to make a copy of the screen and edit the grid to remove the extra tags and use that screen for exporting.

~C

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)