Method Community

Shared Fields List

Last post 09-17-2012 10:18 AM by MichelleSFI. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-14-2012 2:21 PM

Shared Fields List

Is there a list of data fields that are shared between QB and Method CRM that I can get?  I am referring to the ones that are already shared / linked in the standard CRM before any custom work is done.  Also, are there any limitations to the fields that can be linked between the two systems?  We're just looking at the best options for setting up our new account with Method CRM and I can't find this info in one place in your help files.  Thank you...

• 09-14-2012 5:02 PM In reply to

Re: Shared Fields List

Answer

MichelleSFI:
    Is there a list of fields that are shared between QB and Method CRM data that I can get?

There's no list of the fields in our help docs right now.

MichelleSFI:
    Also, are there any limitations to the fields that can be linked between the two systems?

If you run into a data limitation from the SDK the conflict messages are usually very clear about why.  We've also designed the stock screens and our tables in Method to play by QuickBooks rules so if you do run into a conflict, the message is usually pretty clear about why.

~C

• 09-14-2012 5:20 PM In reply to

Ok, one quickquestion then:  do QB custom fields link to Method so we can link our customer demographics stored in QB custom fields to Method (which will be our sales team's interface)?

• 09-17-2012 9:51 AM In reply to

Answer

MichelleSFI:
    Ok, one quickquestion then:  do QB custom fields link to Method

Assuming you're on QuickBooks Desktop then yes, they do sync.

~C

• 09-17-2012 10:18 AM In reply to

Yes, we are... that's great, thank you.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)