Method Community

Can you filter 2 fields in the same lookup box on a table, such as Activities List?

Last post 09-04-2012 4:59 PM by Anonymous. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-21-2012 7:56 AM

Can you filter 2 fields in the same lookup box on a table, such as Activities List?

On the activities list, I would like to use the column Assigned To/Type/Status to allow me to filter activities that are completed for a specific user.

Example: I would like to show activities Assigned To: JSmith where the Status is Completed. If I type in JSmith and Completed, there are no results found.  

Is there a way to filter both fields in a single lookup field, without customizing the screen?

• 08-21-2012 10:59 AM In reply to

Re: Can you filter 2 fields in the same lookup box on a table, such as Activities List?

Answer

Jcamp0123:
    Is there a way to filter both fields in a single lookup field, without customizing the screen?

At this point, no.  The problem is that SQL overrides are not filterable against multiple criteria, you can search for either JSmith or Completed but not both at the same time.  There is a work around but it will require you to customize this page a little.  You would need to delete the column on this grid for Assigned To/Type/Status then add in the fields for Assigned To and Activity Status.  Once those are added in you can add back in the Assigned To/Type/Status field with the SQL Override.  

I've put a ticket in with my team to see if we can come up with a better solution for this type of filtering on a SQL Override.  I'll keep this thread updated.

~C

• 08-21-2012 11:57 AM In reply to

Re: Can you filter 2 fields in the same lookup box on a table, such as Activities List?

Method_Chad:
    I've put a ticket in with my team to see if we can come up with a better solution for this type of filtering on a SQL Override.  I'll keep this thread updated.

Just a quick update on this comment - I've added this as a suggestion update to the stock screen.  If or when this suggestion makes it down the pipe we'll let everyone know via our release notes.

~C

• 08-30-2012 3:39 PM In reply to

Jcamp0123:

Hi Joseph,

Keep a lookout for an updated version of the activities list to be released this week.  It will feature the ability for you to filter by more than one column.  As always, we'll also make this known in our release notes.

http://www.methodintegration.com/cs/blogs/releasenotes/default.aspx

Danny Cool

• 08-31-2012 7:54 AM In reply to

@Joseph - these features have now been added to the stock activities list screen.  Checkout today's release notes.  Looking forward to your feedback.

http://www.methodintegration.com/cs/blogs/releasenotes/archive/2012/08/31/method-crm-updates-august-30-2012.aspx

Danny Wink

• 09-04-2012 12:42 PM In reply to

The updated version of the activities list does allow the additional filtering that I was looking for in being able to lookup completed activities for a specific user.  The optional columns make a variety of other filtering options possible too.  For the purpose of looking up completed activities, another column that would be helpful would be the Completed Date, so we could not only see when an activity was due, but allow us to see when it was actually completed too. 

Thanks,

Justin

• 09-04-2012 4:03 PM In reply to

Jcamp0123:
    For the purpose of looking up completed activities, another column that would be helpful would be the Completed Date

Hi Justin,

You've got the option to add this column through customization if you wanted.  You would need to make a copy of thCRM_ActivitiesList screen first following these steps:

1. Click Customize > Screens and look for CRM_ActivitiesList.
    2. Rollover the screen and click Copy.
    3. On Step 1 you want to copy from This Account.
    4. On Step 2 you can rename it if needed.
    5. Step 3 is important, select add a tab link and put this screen under the Activities tab.

After you've made a copy of the page you want to now click Edit beside your new screen name.  Follow these steps to edit the grid:

1. Click the little Edit button on the Activity Grid object.
    2. Click next on Step 1 then on Step 2 select the field ActualCompletedDate and click Insert Column.
    3. Scroll down the column list to find the newly added field and click the Advanced link.
    4. Here you can choose to make this field Hidden when the screen first loads so that you need to click the gear icon to temporarily add the field.  Alternatively you can skip this step if you prefer to have the field always visible.

Please post back if you have any questions on this customization.  I'll put your suggestion in to the dev team to add that field as hidden by default but until then you'll need to customize the screen on your own.
    ~C
  • 09-04-2012 4:59 PM In reply to

Method_Chad:
    I'll put your suggestion in to the dev team to add that field as hidden by default but until then you'll need to customize the screen on your own.

If we get more requests on this suggestion we'll consider adding but at this time it has not been brought up before.

~C

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)