Method Community

Project Manager Assigning

Last post 09-17-2012 9:50 AM by Anonymous. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-06-2012 10:43 PM

Project Manager Assigning

I want to assign a project manager for each job creation. Is there a way to create a dropdown of Project Managers in the New Customer and Edit Customer screen even though some might not be users of Method yet?

• 09-07-2012 3:17 PM In reply to

Re: Project Manager Assigning

dottie:
    I want to assign a project manager for each job creation. Is there a way to create a dropdown of Project Managers in the New Customer and Edit Customer screen even though some might not be users of Method yet?

Are your project managers employee's?  You could possibly use a field like Sales Rep and rename the caption on certain pages if so.  You may already be using the sales rep field for other purposes so this might not work - let me know if you are and I can post a reply about using this field.

~C

• 09-13-2012 10:11 AM In reply to

Some are in our Employee list and some are not. I do not think we will be using the Sales Rep for other purposes since we are not a retail company. We need to have the option of selecting from a dropdown list of possible project managers when we create a new customer and we need this selection to transfer over to the edit customer list automatically, so once the new customer is saved the project manager that was assigned, also remains in the edit customer screen. We also need to have the option of reassigning a project manager, when necessary, which a specific role will only have access to that.

• 09-17-2012 9:50 AM In reply to

Answer

dottie,

Instead of using an existing field it makes more sense to just create a new field for your customer table.  Edit the table for customer and add a new field type of drop down for project managers then you can drag out the new field to your custom screen.  You'll probably want to add this field to your new and edit customer screens so you can make changes to the PM after the fact.

Let me know if you get stuck anywhere.

~C

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)