Method Community

Can you sync custom fields between Quickbooks Online and Method?

Last post 09-24-2012 9:07 AM by Anonymous. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-10-2011 9:49 AM

Can you sync custom fields between Quickbooks Online and Method?

Can you sync custom fields between Quickbooks Online and Method, or can the custom fields only exist in one or the other linked to the record (i.e. Customer)?

• 08-10-2011 10:05 AM In reply to

Re: Can you sync custom fields between Quickbooks Online and Method?

Custom fields created in Method do not sync back to QuickBooks but custom field in QuickBooks have the potential to be synced back to Method but currently the SDK used to sync with QBO does not allow access to QBO custom field. The SDK used to sync with QuickBooks desktop does however allow access to custom fields.

-Michael

Michael Melo
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/MichaelMelo
  • 08-10-2011 10:42 AM In reply to

mlepitt - I'll add that curently we are limited by what Intuit has opened up, as Michael as pointed out. They are working at a pretty fast pace in opening up QuickBooks Online, so as soon as they make that available to us, we'll make that available to you.

Paul

• 09-24-2012 8:33 AM In reply to

Any upades to this issue? We have added some new custom fields in QB and need help getting them added to Method. Our custom fields in QB can be found in the additional information about the customer.

• 09-24-2012 9:07 AM In reply to

Answer

lindsay:
    Any upades to this issue?

Hi lindsay,

I moved this thread out of the API forums since this is more of a general Q&A question.  

There is no update for this one yet, we're waiting on Intuit's next IPP release which should be out before the end of the year.  We've got a help center article up talking about this. 

~C

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)