Method Community

Scheduling Time Change

Last post 10-25-2012 12:42 PM by Anonymous. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-25-2012 9:51 AM

• mmason
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-13-2012
    • Posts 3

Scheduling Time Change

When entering a work order start and end time, the printed work order shows one hour forward from the actual start and end time in the system.  I have read some posts that time change issue was resolved a couple years ago however we just started having this problem.

please help.

thank you.

mat
  • 10-25-2012 11:28 AM In reply to

Re: Scheduling Time Change

Answer

mmason:
    I have read some posts that time change issue was resolved a couple years ago however we just started having this problem.

I've tested the print work order button under the Activities... button on the add/edit work order screen and I wasn't able to see the time shifting.  Can you confirm where you're printing from?  Also are you using a custom print template?  

When entering a work order the time is pulled from your computer time and stored in the Activity table.  Printing just pulls up the information and prints - it shouldn't be changing the time on those work orders unless there's another process triggering that.  

~C

• 10-25-2012 11:50 AM In reply to

• mmason
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-13-2012
    • Posts 3

It is only on work orders after Nov. 4th which indicates to me it has something to do with Daylight Savings.  All work orders prior to Nov 4th print the proper time.

mat
  • 10-25-2012 12:42 PM In reply to

Which version of Windows are you on and do you have all the latest windows updates?  Since daylight savings was moved from Oct. to Nov. there could be a issue if you don't have the latest updates installed.  We are looking to your computer for the time zone but if the updates are not current it's possible your computer is not reporting the correct time zone to us.

~C

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)