Method Community

Problem with Go to Tab Link action

Last post 11-01-2012 1:42 PM by Anonymous. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-27-2012 7:34 PM

• Rolf
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-18-2011
    • Posts 109

Problem with Go to Tab Link action

I'm using the "Go To Tab Link" action with a "specified Active Record ID" and with  the "Close any Popup Windows open on linked screen" box checked in order to go to the Customer>>Edit Customer screen and set it to the specified RecordID. 

That works just fine, the problem is if there is a popup open on the screen, it does not get automatically closed, although the RecordID still changes.

Any thoughts on how to rectify this?

thanks,

Rolf

• 09-28-2012 8:44 AM In reply to

Re: Problem with Go to Tab Link action

Rolf:
    Any thoughts on how to rectify this?

Which popup do you have open?  I've been trying to recrate this and the behaviour is working as expected.  I have a setup similar to yours and on my Edit Customer screen I have the Add Contacts popup open.  When I Go to Tab Link with the option Close any Popup Windows open the Add Contacts popup is closed and the active record is loaded.  I want to make sure I'm testing the same popup you have open.

~C

• 09-28-2012 12:44 PM In reply to

• Rolf
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-18-2011
    • Posts 109

Chad,

I had used the Contacts popup as well as others, with the same results.  After further testing I have isolated the problem.

If the destination tablink is on the same tab as the originating screen, it works. But, if they're on different tabs, it doesn't.

In my case I was going from the Activites List on the Activities tab to the customer screen, as mentioned previously.

That should help to get this fixed.

thanks,

Rolf

• 10-01-2012 12:37 PM In reply to

Rolf:
    That should help to get this fixed.

Thanks for the additional detail - I was able to recrate this problem and I've submitted a ticket to my team here to review.  As soon as I get an update I'll let you know.

~C

• 11-01-2012 1:42 PM In reply to

Answer

Rolf,

This has been fixed for the October version of Method!

~C

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)