Method Community

How do I auto populate data same field but different screens?

Last post 11-19-2012 4:12 PM by Method_Adam. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-19-2012 11:17 AM

How do I auto populate data same field but different screens?

I need to be able to fill in data in a field and have it autofill that information in same field but on another screen.  So that the fields essentially sync.

For example I have a field called billing email on my customer screen.  But when I pull that customer up in an invoice I need it to populate billing email field on invoice with the billing email information stored in the customer screen.  

I have looked at documentation but confused on which direction to go.  Any help would be approeciated.  

• 11-19-2012 4:12 PM In reply to

Re: How do I auto populate data same field but different screens?

Answer

Hi Shane,

If you added the 'billing email' field to the correct table, it should be associated with a reccordID for that customer.  Each field in a table is given a unique recordID that allows Method to find the proper record.  Take a look at some of the actions on the stock screens by making a copy and editing the copy.  Look at the actions used to populate the fields.  It's usually done by getting the current recordID.  Also take a look at 'Assign Value to Shared Result'.  That action allows you to set a variable that can be retrieved from another screen using the 'Get Value from Shared Result'.  Hopefully this gets you going in the right direction.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)