Method Community

Contacts, Customers and Entities

Last post 11-30-2012 2:22 PM by Method_Adam. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-29-2012 2:29 PM

Contacts, Customers and Entities

I'm looking for comfirmation of the following field linkagess so that when I clean up fields in the "Customer" table in QuickBooks, everything will translate properly in Method.

It appears that the following structure is in place:

• Company Name (Customer Table) = Company Name (Contacts)
    • FullName (Customer Table) = FullName (Contacts Table) = Entity (Contacts and Entity Tables)
    • Name (Customer Table) IS NOT = Name (Contacts table), and is not in the Contacts table at all; HOWEVER
    • Contact (Customer Table) = Name (Contacts Table)
    • Company Name (Customer Table) + Name (Customer Table) FullName (Customer Table) = FullName (Contacts Table) = Entity (Contacts and Entity Tables)
    As you can see this is quite confusing. Please confirm that this is the case and that if I make changes in QB, the changes will translate through to the Method Contacts table.
    As an aside, it would really help to have linkage/relationship mapping or tables
    Thanks
  • 11-29-2012 3:17 PM In reply to

Re: Contacts, Customers and Entities

All tables above are Method tables

Expanding further, I see the following QB/Method connections (from the QB) Customers table:

• CompanyName (QB Table) = CompanyName (Customer Table) = CompanyName (Contacts Table)
    • Name (QB Table) = Company Name (Customer Table) + Name (Customer Table) = FullName (Customer Table) = FullName (Contacts Table) = Entity (Contacts and Entity Tables)
    • CustomerName (QB Table Parent Accounts) = Name (Customer Table) and is not in Contacts, Entity or QB table
    • Note that in QB,for a parent the CustomerName field (from the export) is labelled "Customer Name", while for subaccounts, the CustomerName field is now labelled "Job Type", and there's an additional "Customer Name" dropdown, along with a Company Name

• 11-30-2012 2:01 PM In reply to

Mike,

It does look confusing.  I can see if there's a linkage table, but to my knowledge there isn't one. 

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 11-30-2012 2:22 PM In reply to

Answer

You're Method to Method connections look correct.  

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)