Method Community

Editing A Dropdown

Last post 12-31-2012 8:03 AM by Method_Adam. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-27-2012 3:30 PM

Editing A Dropdown

I have a drop  down list that I cannot figure out how to go back and edit items on the list.  I need to essentially go back and edit some of the things on the list.  But I cannot find where I do that.  When I go to table and field I do not see the list and when I go to to the field on my screen I do not see the list.  This should be a simple operation but I can't find it.  Can someone please advise me 

• 12-27-2012 3:45 PM In reply to

Re: Editing A Dropdown

Answer

Shane,

If you edit the screen, then click edit on the dropdown field, in step 4 (Dropdown Choices) you should see the table associated with the dropdown.  Exit out of that screen, then go to the screen for that table.  You should find your choices there.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 12-27-2012 4:48 PM In reply to

Answer

Shane,

To expand on what I said previously, when a table is created, a screen is created with it.  Your dropdown will have a table and screen associated with it.  If you view that screen, you will be able to modify or add choices from there.  You cannot edit the dropdown choices on the screen where the box is located.  You will have to go to the screen for that dropdown box.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 12-28-2012 3:44 PM In reply to

Sorry to be so dense.  I have done what you said above and am on the right screen for the dropdown.  But going through all the different menus I still cannot see my dropdown choices or even a place to edit them.  Can you pick up where youleft off above and give a little more info.  Thanks

• 12-28-2012 4:41 PM In reply to

Answer

Shane,

Sorry my answer was a bit convoluted.  

What menus are you seeing?  Are you viewing the screen or editing it?  What you need to do is VIEW the screen that was made for the dropdown.  You will see an option to view the screen to the left on the Customize > Screens tab link.  When you do that, it will bring up the screen just like any other screen in Method, and from there you should be able to edit the choices.

The first screen is to show you how to view a screen from the screen list.

This next screen is a screen shot of a basic screen that was created by Method when a dropdown was added to a table.  If you based your dropdown on a new table, a screen like this one would be created.

Hopefully, this will put you in the right direction.  

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 12-29-2012 5:20 PM In reply to

That worked perfect.  My problem was I kept trying to go into edit instead of view to make the changes.  Really appreciate the quick response.  So far as a customer of method I have been impressed by how fast you guys respond.  

• 12-29-2012 5:26 PM In reply to

Actually I am i the view screen above and can see my options but don't seem to be able to eidt.  Do you actually edit in view screen?

Actually I am i the view screen above and can see my options but don't seem to be able to eidt.  Do you actually edit in view screen?

• 12-29-2012 5:53 PM In reply to

Sorry for the hurried post above with bad spelling.  I did what you said by going to view and got ahead of myself as I saw my dropdown items and thought I could edit them.  Howeever,  I do not see how to edit.  I am trying to change text in one and add another but does not seem to allow me to do so.  I have also tried by going to edit instead of view for that same screen but see no place to actually edit each item in the dropdown.  

• 12-31-2012 8:03 AM In reply to

Answer

Shane,

If you click the Select link (you should see one on the left hand side of the grid), that will populate the text fields with that record.  You can then edit and save the changes.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)