Method Community

Copy a Record

Last post 01-08-2013 12:09 PM by Method_Adam. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-08-2013 10:54 AM

Copy a Record

We keep track of customers' assets for warranty purposes.  I created a custom table and screen to manage this. It is loosely based on the existing CustomerEquipment table in Method.  We have customers who purchase several of the exact same number where the only information in the record that changes is the serial number (and sometimes those vary by only a single digit).  What I would like to do is enter in item 1, save that record but not clear the screen, edit the information as it relates to item 2, and save as a new record, and so on.

I have already figured out how to do this for very large lists via the import function, but was hoping there was a quick-fix via a button to do it for shorter lists and/or new lists.

Mario

• 01-08-2013 12:09 PM In reply to

Re: Copy a Record

Answer

Mario,

You could use the "Assign value to action result" and "Enter Value Into Field on Screen" actions to save the fields you want to save into action results, then enter them back into the fields.  All of these actions could be assigned to a button.  Just make sure to clear the screen in between the "Assign value" and "Enter Value" actions so that a new recordID is created when you save again.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)