Method Community

BigTime>QuickBooks>MethodCRM

Last post 01-14-2013 10:09 AM by Method_Adam. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-11-2013 3:38 PM

BigTime>QuickBooks>MethodCRM

Hi,

This one is a doozy, so I am not expecting much of a solution, but I have to ask.

SO, we have implememented a program called Big Time, which is a job tracking, timer software. Big Time links with QBs and within BT, we make subjobs under each customers (beacuse we are seasonal, and do the same job types every year, we create the same jobs, but with the year associated with it (i.e. Joe Smith > 2011 1040 > 2012 1040 etc.............). We will be completing these jobs at the end of the tax year.

The Problems is: when we create these sub-jobs in Big Time, it creates the sub-job in QBs which in turn creates a NEW contact under the original customer. When you search the same for i.e. Joe Smith, you get: the oroginal contact, Joe Smith, Joe Smith; 2011 1040 > Joe Smith: 2012 1040 etc..........). This is creates all these extra contacts.

1) iIs there anything I can do about this (keep it from making all these sub-contacts)? 2) Can we make these contacts inactive in method without effecting the original contact ?

Thanks!

Thanks,
    Kitty
  • 01-14-2013 10:09 AM In reply to

Re: BigTime>QuickBooks>MethodCRM

Answer

Hi Kitty,

You could make the sub jobs that are completed (2011 jobs) inactive, so they won't show in Method with the filter view Shared Active Customer Contacts.  They will still exist that way.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)