Method Community

Calendar error

Last post 01-22-2013 8:57 AM by Method_Adam. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-10-2012 3:39 PM

Calendar error

I submitted 2 test activities in the Calendar and the following error shows up in the "Work Week View" and the "Day View". The "Month", "Timeline" and "Week" views do not give me these errors.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Show detail info
    An exception of the System.NullReferenceException type has been thrown
    Source: DevExpress.Web.ASPxScheduler.v11.1

Stack:
    at DevExpress.Web.ASPxScheduler.Internal.SchedulerIdHelper.GenerateResourceIds(AppointmentResourceIdCollection resourceIds)
    at DevExpress.Web.ASPxScheduler.Internal.AppointmentScriptRenderHelper.RenderScript(ASPxScheduler scheduler, Appointment appointment)
    at DevExpress.Web.ASPxScheduler.Internal.AppointmentsBlock.GenerateAppointmentScript(StringBuilder sb, String localVarName, Appointment appointment)
    at DevExpress.Web.ASPxScheduler.Internal.AppointmentsBlock.GenerateAppointmentsScript(StringBuilder sb, String localVarName, AppointmentBaseCollection appointments)
    at DevExpress.Web.ASPxScheduler.Internal.AppointmentsBlock.RenderCommonScript(StringBuilder sb, String localVarName, String clientName)
    at DevExpress.Web.ASPxScheduler.Internal.ScriptControlBlock`1.RenderCommonScript(StringBuilder sb, String localVarName, String clientName)
    at DevExpress.Web.ASPxScheduler.Internal.ASPxSchedulerControlScriptBlock.RenderCommonScript(StringBuilder sb, String localVarName, String clientName)
    at DevExpress.Web.ASPxScheduler.Internal.ScriptControlBlock`1.RenderCallbackScript(StringBuilder sb, String localVarName, String clientName)
    at DevExpress.Web.ASPxScheduler.Internal.ScriptControlBlock`1.RenderCallbackScript()
    at DevExpress.Web.ASPxScheduler.Internal.ScriptControlBlock`1.CalcCallbackResult()
    at DevExpress.Web.ASPxClasses.Internal.MasterControlDefaultImplementation.CalcRelatedControlsCallbackResult(ICollection controls)
    at DevExpress.Web.ASPxScheduler.ASPxScheduler.GetCallbackResultCore()
    at DevExpress.Web.ASPxScheduler.ASPxScheduler.GetCallbackResult()
  • 12-10-2012 3:52 PM In reply to

Re: Calendar error

The error seems to stem from me changing the starting hour from 12AM to 7AM. I changed it back and there are no errors, but any reason why there may have been errors? That's as far as I can go.

• 12-11-2012 7:42 AM In reply to

I deleted the test activities and decided to just see what would happen with existing activities, and the same error occurs. Even changing the starting hours on a copy of the stock Method screen gives the same errors.

This is a problem.

• 12-11-2012 11:00 AM In reply to

Hi Mike,

Sorry for the delay.  Can you tell me whether this is Desktop or QBO version, and also if you're in Field Services, Scheduling & Invoicing or CRM?  I'd like to see I can recreate this on my end.

Thanks

- Adam

edit - Also, could outline the steps you took and which calendar?  I haven't been able to recreate it just yet.  

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 12-11-2012 11:18 AM In reply to

QB Desktop, and I believe this occurs in the CRM. The screen used is a copy of the CRM_ActivityCalendar screen.

By the way, I did install filed services so that I could view the screens (and maybe copy some of the mapping code) but that calendar refers to work orders (and not activities) so existing data isn't populated in that calendar. There's no data and no errors.

• 12-17-2012 9:08 AM In reply to

Mike,

Is this a custom screen?  Never could replicate this.  I'm wondering if there's actions on the calendar that's causing the error.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 12-17-2012 9:14 AM In reply to

It's a copy of the original screen, but the only change I've made is which fields are shown (and in what order). And, as stated a few posts earlier, I go the same error on the stock screenas well. And this is a recent thing.

• 12-17-2012 10:02 AM In reply to

Now I'm recieving strange errors as well, but different from what you're experiencing.  They might be related though.  I'll put in a ticket to the team here.  It may sort out your error as well.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 12-17-2012 10:19 AM In reply to

Answer

Mike,

Now I did get it.  Had to go through a series of steps to replicate it.  I'll post here when there's a fix.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 01-22-2013 8:57 AM In reply to

Answer

Mike,

This has been fixed on the January version of Method.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)