Method Community

How to attach a PDF file to email in Estimates and sales order

Last post 01-25-2013 11:26 AM by joshtodd. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-01-2011 5:35 AM

How to attach a PDF file to email in Estimates and sales order

Hi,

Can you tell us how to attach a PDF file to email in Estimates and also in Sales Order.

Thanks in advance.

• 07-04-2011 7:44 AM In reply to

Re: How to attach a PDF file to email in Estimates and sales order

Answer

Hi there,

Are you trying to send a PDF of the Estimate or Sales Order? If so, may I suggest a better approach? The default Estimate and SO screen’s will have a ‘Save & Email’ button which will send an email to the customer for that particular Estimate or SO with a link to the customer/contact portal. From there they can do all sorts of things like view, save and print the PDF version if needed. This saves the extra overhead of attaching the PDF to the email making it a faster process.

If you’re set on emailing the PDF attachment, it’s easy!  You would just use a Generate Report action, immediately followed by a Send Email action to send the PDF.  If you have Method Full Blown Edition, you can reverse engineer how Work Orders are emailed in Method Field Services to see how that happens.

Hope this helps.

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
  • 01-25-2013 11:26 AM In reply to

Re: How to attach a PDF file to email in Estimates and sales order

Method_Valbon:
    If you’re set on emailing the PDF attachment, it’s easy!  You would just use a Generate Report action, immediately followed by a Send Email action to send the PDF.  If you have Method Full Blown Edition, you can reverse engineer how Work Orders are emailed in Method Field Services to see how that happens.

I did this and it works perfectly! Thanks for the advice.

General Manager
    Todd Companies, Inc.
    www.toddcompanies.com
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)