Method Community

Email Signature

Last post 03-07-2013 9:43 AM by Method_Samreen. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-06-2013 5:29 PM

Email Signature

I set up my email signature in Customize Users screen.  But it does not show up in outgoing emails.  I've BCC'd myself on some and the signature does not go. I cannot locate a button in the email writing activity screen to add the signature either.  Is the signature set up only for templates or can I just write a quick email and get my signature info to be inserted into the email?

• 03-07-2013 9:43 AM In reply to

Re: Email Signature

Answer

Hi Jonsturm34,

This would depend on if the e-mail template that you are using is your own created from scratch or based on one of our stock templates. If the e-mail template is from one of our stock templates then you can use the Merge Fields feature to pull in your signature easily by using Users.EmailSignature. If your e-mail template is customized based on a customized screen than you will need to ensure the screen has the appropiate character functions setup in order to have the merged fields option work.

You can refer to one of our stock Email templates for reference for example the Case Update to Contact template based on the CRM_EditCase screen.

The above scenario is if you are actually using a template, additionally please note that you do not need to use a template to make this work, you can manually type in Users.EmailSignature into the body of the e-mail given the screen it is based on has the appropiate character function.

You can view our help center article on merged fields below which can further aide you :

Merge Fields

- Sam

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services

Sam Tariq
    Customization Solutions Expert
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)