Method Community

Google Calendar

Last post 03-14-2013 11:01 AM by Anonymous. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-13-2013 8:40 AM

Google Calendar

Activities sync but not work orders how do i get work orders to sync

• 03-13-2013 10:01 AM In reply to

Re: Google Calendar

Answer

Innovative:

Activities sync but not work orders how do i get work orders to sync

Innovative,

By default, only Activities are synced to the Calendar. Please refer to the following Help centre article.

Go to "Activities" and then "New Activity". On the "Activity Type" dropdown, click on the "..." button. You should now be on the "New / Edit Activity Types" screen. Scroll down to "Workorder" and click on "Select". Then be sure to check "Show on Calendar" and uncheck "App Specific". Save the activity type.

Workorder activity types should now appear on your Calendar.

I hope that helps!

-Angelo

• 03-13-2013 12:38 PM In reply to

Great now it shows on google calendar but the work order instructions do not?? it appears the comments field (activity) and work order instructions are different?

• 03-14-2013 10:50 AM In reply to

Answer

Innovative:

Great now it shows on google calendar but the work order instructions do not?? it appears the comments field (activity) and work order instructions are different?

The Calendar Event description will only display the Comments field from Method. The WorkOrderInstructions field is separate from the Comments field, and it is not displayed on the calendar entry.

• 03-14-2013 11:01 AM In reply to

Just to add to my last post regarding the Comments field. The calendar integration is a part of the core CRM functions of Method, and is built to integrate generally throughout the app. Work Order instructions are specific to the Field Services add-on and while common data may be shared (such as Comments), individual data fields specific to workorders cannot be carried over to the general Calendar integration aspect. For this reason, only Comments are displayed on the calendar entry, and not workorder specific data. I hope that helps to clarify my answer to your question.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)