Method Community

Campaigns and ListBuilder - Need to have the ability to save lists for future campaigns

Last post 04-04-2013 11:23 AM by Method_Adam. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-03-2013 4:52 PM

Campaigns and ListBuilder - Need to have the ability to save lists for future campaigns

Suggestions to improve ListBuilder:

1.  Since the ListBuilder table is filled in from the Customer table, why is the selection of columns so limited and not include at least the zip code, state, city, etc?  Most campaigns are targeted by region, especially if assigning as an activity to a sales person with an assigned region, so these are basic requirements. Yes we can customize the grid, and we have, but the ListBuilder should allow any field in the customer table to be selected to be a valuable tool "out-of-the-box".  

2. If Method would save the ListBuilder output(s) as saved querys for further action later, it would make a lot more sense for a better workflow. For example, if a campaign is not ready for an email blast, because you want to start with a call-out telemarketing campaign activity to update/verify customer records first, or if you are not going to send out an email blast at all but want to use the list for other marketing campaigns via social media, etc., you would want to save these lists for later use. Other CRM software will use these saved queries as "customer groups" for later use to maintain consistency, etc.  If we create an activity in the ListBuilder process, then it will show up as someone's activity, which works in some case, but not in all cases. This is the only way that I can find to "preserve" the list, so that it appears in the Activity Tab under the campaign. There has to be a better way to retain the generated list for later use: to assign to another sales person for call-outs, to send an email blast later, to convert the campaign results into opportunties based on the lists, etc.  If there were saved query lists displayed that could be retrieved and displayed via pivot-tables, etc, then Method would not need to run the email blast wizard every time you want to use the ListBuilder. 

3. There is a "Campaign" column in the ListBuilder, but how can you use this if you need to clear the existing list and start over? Yes I can assign the current list to a campaign (but I have to create one first), but this will only be "saved" if I create an activity associated with the current list, so when will I be able to use the search for campaigns if I can't save the campaign list except through Activiies. This is very cumbersome, abstract, and non-intuitive. 

• 04-04-2013 11:23 AM In reply to

Re: Campaigns and ListBuilder - Need to have the ability to save lists for future campaigns

Answer

Hi Kpaul222,

First off, thanks for the suggestions. We are constantly looking to improve Method and suggestions like these help us in providing the best possible Method experience.

In regards to the Listbuilder fields, instead of adding additional fields to filter for different regions, why don't you use our Tags feature? If you tag each contact based on their region, you can build the list using contacts with that tag. You can find more about tags feature here.

As for saving a list, you can also export grid to an excel file. This will allow you to save the list reuse it at a later date.

I'll forward these suggestions to the team

Thanks again for the suggestions.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)