Method Community

Estimate Line Item Markup Rates

Last post 04-24-2013 9:55 AM by Blake C. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-23-2013 2:09 PM

Estimate Line Item Markup Rates

For some reason my estimate line items have started showing up as non-zero numbers and it's figuring into the Total calculation and is making Estimate Total Amounts larger than they should be.

For example:

Estimate Line Item:

InventoryItem 123 | Rate = $24.50 per bag | Qty = 1 | Total Amount = $43.45 | Markup Rate 77.33763

InventoryItem 123 Details:

Cost: $21.71 | Price: $38.50 | (doing the math, the markup is 77.33763)

What would cause my Estimate Line Items to suddenly have markup rates when they have all been zero up to this point? I have not changed the screen. Is it something on the Item side that changes this? QuickBooks?

Thank You...

Blake C
  • 04-23-2013 2:56 PM In reply to

Re: Estimate Line Item Markup Rates

Hi Blake,

A change with the item cost or amount would change this, either from Method or Quickbooks.  The markup is calculated as the difference between the cost of an item and the price of an item. Can you check the item and see whether the cost or price changed?

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 04-23-2013 3:20 PM In reply to

Thx...

Yes, many of our product purchase costs and sales prices did change recently. But they have changed several times in the past year+, so I'm not sure why I'm seeing this behavior where markup is being calculated differently now.

How could we have zeros for markup rates for all this time and now markup is being calculated?

Thanks again...

Blake C
  • 04-23-2013 4:14 PM In reply to

This is really weird...

Even if I put custom actions to enter 0 for the line item markup value then Save....Method still recalculates the markup automatically.

I've never seen this behavior before. The markup values for my estimate line items have always been 0.

Blake C
  • 04-23-2013 4:32 PM In reply to

Blake,

You beat me to it.  We've been able to recreate this.  It seems that once the estimate syncs with Quickbooks, it puts the markup back in.  We've had another user say this happened in the last 24 hours.  When did you notice this?  A ticket is being put in right now, but it will help to know when this started happening for you.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 04-23-2013 7:34 PM In reply to

Good! Thanks for the update! I'm just glad it wasn't something fundamental I was overlooking.

My salesman alerted me to it just this AM so it's fairly new.

Thanks again

Blake C
  • 04-24-2013 9:46 AM In reply to

Answer

Blake,

Definitely not something you overlooked.  Its also been fixed now.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 04-24-2013 9:55 AM In reply to

Thanks...yes I confirmed Estimate calculations are working as expected this AM from what I can tell

Blake C
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)