Method Community

User Error Messages for items QB will not sync

Last post 05-07-2013 8:32 AM by Method_Adam. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-06-2013 2:28 PM

User Error Messages for items QB will not sync

Any plans to provide self checking of quotes and invoices for items or mistakes made in method that quickbooks will reject. At the moment i have to check peoples work and make sure there are no sync errors. IF quickbooks will not accept a 0 quanity why should method... i should get an error message  or the user can correct the mistake not the admin of method. 

Scott Sims
  • 05-06-2013 3:38 PM In reply to

Re: User Error Messages for items QB will not sync

Answer

Hi scott2X,

Just so I have a better understanding of the issue, can you outline a use case where this would come up?  What kind of errors are being produced and where?  Do these errors show up in resolve conflicts?

There is an option to "Wait for Sync Approval".  When this is checked, the transaction will not post to QuickBooks until it has been approved.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 05-06-2013 3:46 PM In reply to

Adam,

An example would be selecting a SKU/Item in Method and choosing zero quantity or zero cost. Yes it does show up in the resolve conflicts but it should be an error for the end user not an admin function. If it showed an error the end user could correct the mistake so the admin wouldnt have to. It needs to be monkey proof !   

Scott Sims
  • 05-07-2013 8:32 AM In reply to

Answer

Scott,

We'll definitely take this into consideration.  I know in the past we've done our best to eliminate any chance of Method creating conflicts.  

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)