Method Community

Grid Display - Hidden Field

Last post 12-10-2009 1:08 PM by Anonymous. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-07-2009 2:17 PM

• Joe
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-17-2009
    • Posts 97

Grid Display - Hidden Field

Browser: FailFox ..err... Firefox*

Hi.

I have a hidden field in my custom grid.

I selected to have the field hidden initially and to take up 0% of available width.

However, whenever I hid this field, there was a blank white box that overlapped the grid where the field would be had it not been hidden.

Any ideas on this are appreciated =).

~Joe

• 12-08-2009 12:29 PM In reply to

Re: Grid Display - Hidden Field

Hi Joe,

I tested this out using Firefox version 3.0.8 and was unable to replicate your situation.

In the grid wizard, I added a column in step 2, set column Width to 0 %, inserted the column and then went into the advanced option for that column and checked 'Hidden when screen first loads?'. I then published the screen and everything worked great. When the screen loaded the column was hidden, then I clicked on the grid's little tool icon and checked that column so that it showed in the grid and updated the settings and I was then able to see the column.

Please let me know if you did anything different, so I can try it out and see if I can replicate you scenario. Also what version of Firefox are you using?

• 12-09-2009 9:29 AM In reply to

• Joe
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-17-2009
    • Posts 97

Hi Amanda.

Im using the latest version of firefox (3.5.5 ?) and IE8 ... both showed this odd graphical error on my method screen.

However- i recreated grid with the exact same settings on the same screen ... this time around the grid didnt have the bugged appearance.

Seems like a problem that would be hard to reproduce, so as long as its appearing ok now i'll have to just accept that its working. It is frustrating to recreate the grid tho. I'll let you know if i ever find more information about this, should it happen again.

Thx,

~Joe

• 12-10-2009 1:08 PM In reply to

Answer

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the update, let me know if it happens again.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)