Method Community

Hide/Show Section

Last post 12-23-2009 1:40 PM by Method_Valbon. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-30-2009 10:22 AM

• Joe
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-17-2009
    • Posts 97

Hide/Show Section

Hi.

Screen: Opportunity (myCopy)

Issue: Customization not causing desired effect when published.

Page Setup: Sections are set up as consecutive sections on 1 page (not tabs).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I try to hide a section. It just shows up as a titlebar on the page that the user still sees.

I then went and tried to hide the section, as well as edit the section to have no title and no border.

This hid the title/border but showed all the fields as if they were never set to be hidden.

Shouldnt the fields still be hidden since the section was set to be so? I wanted the fields as well as the titlebar/border to be hidden so there would be no reference to that section on screen. This works flawlessly when working with tabs, I would think the same would be possible with single-paged sections.

~Joe

• 11-30-2009 4:19 PM In reply to

Re: Hide/Show Section

Joe,

The purpose of the hide feature located on the title of sections is to quickly hide/show the section while the screen is in use. If you edit the section to have no title and no border you will not be able to use this feature.

In order to hide a section including fields/objects it should be a tab or a section with no title or boarder. You would then be able to use the action Show/Hide Section to do this.

Hope this helps,

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
  • 12-01-2009 9:29 AM In reply to

• Joe
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-17-2009
    • Posts 97

Hi val.

This got me on the right track to finish what i wanted to do. Thanks =).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've noticed too that hiding the sections by clicking "Hide" (while in customization view)... after publishing, they are not hidden or even down to just showing the titlebar when i go view the screen. They remain fully open. Shouldnt reducing them to just a titlebar with the "hide" button during customization default them to be that way when u load the screen view ?

Thanks,

~Joe

• 12-01-2009 11:18 AM In reply to

Answer

Joe,

Good observation but this is intentional. The purpose here is meant to hide unnecessary sections in order to view more of the screen you are customizing during that time. It is independent of how the section appears on the actual screen. You could always hide sections via actions on screen load if necessary.

Hope that helps,

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
  • 12-03-2009 9:22 AM In reply to

Joe,

My apologies I stand corrected. If you hide a section in the designer, and then publish, it is supposed to hide the section on the published screen by default. We’re currently looking into this and will keep you updated.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
  • 12-03-2009 9:36 AM In reply to

• Joe
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-17-2009
    • Posts 97

Yep.

Everything is working now.

Im just cautious of doing too much in onscreenload .. because visual changes can often cause the screen to be a little "spazzy" when it first comes up. So i try to get as many things defaulted to a particular view so the user doesnt have to watch the changes, or get glimpses of things that arent meant for them.

~Joe

• 12-23-2009 1:40 PM In reply to

Answer

Joe,

You can now hide sections in design and they will remain hidden on the published screen.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)