Method Community

Switched to July release and having lots of issues now

Last post 07-29-2013 8:32 PM by Ben B. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-27-2013 10:55 AM

Switched to July release and having lots of issues now

So I switched to the July release and now any screen I edit gets messed up. I have buttons not showing anymore. Random fields showing that I have deleted. I have logged out, cleared cache, used different browsers etc. Tried going back to June release. Nothing.

I renamed the screen and get this error now when trying to open the screen..

We were unable to resolve your request. Either the screen you are trying to access does not exist, or there was a problem with your request.

Recommended actions:

1. If the screen has been replaced or republished by another user of your system. Please try signing out and signing back in.
    2. If this issue persists, go to Customize > Tab Links, and make sure the Tab Link is correct for this screen.
    3. Try closing and reopening your browser.

I am scared to edit any screens now in case I have to rebuild them from scratch.

Any clues?

• 07-27-2013 12:36 PM In reply to

Re: Switched to July release and having lots of issues now

Well it seems to of calmed down but I still have some screens that are messed up. I recreated those. I am back in the June release though as not sure what happened when I switched to July.

• 07-29-2013 3:16 PM In reply to

Answer

Hi Ben B,

For the custom screens you are having issues with, have you tried going into to edit these specific screens, then clicking the "Publish" button?  I haven't heard of this issue before, so I am hoping this could maybe help clean up your custom screens.  Please let us know if this works for you, if not we would have to look into this a little further.

- Method_Ben

• 07-29-2013 8:32 PM In reply to

Yes I republished the screens. I went back to the June release and just recreated the 2 screens that no longer worked. I have no clue what happened, but everything is working again. I'll stay clear of July until this project is complete I think as dont want to rock the boat

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)