Method Community

Portals in Safari browser

Last post 07-30-2013 10:33 AM by Method_Adam. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-27-2013 1:51 PM

Portals in Safari browser

This one is definelty not good and will need to be fixed as soon as possible. Users with Safari cannot login in to the portal I created. They can login fine with any other browser.

Following error appears...

Sign In

Sign In with your User Name and Password for online account access. 

If you do not yet have a User Name, click Register and have a password emailed to you. 

The account name or portal name was not specified in the URL. Please check the URL that was provided to you and try again.

User Name: 

[          ]

Password: 

[          ]

• 07-27-2013 1:58 PM In reply to

Re: Portals in Safari browser

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46155768@N00/9379865096/

heres the actual screen grab.

I tried it on my PC and a MAC and neither Safari's work.

• 07-29-2013 3:41 PM In reply to

Hi Ben,

I've tested this in both Safari's as well and in both I was able to login without issue.  Is this with a custom portal?  If so, could you try with the stock Contacts_Portal and see if you get the same message?

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 07-29-2013 8:40 PM In reply to

I had tested the custom portal and that didnt work either. But stangely enough today I was able to login using Safari. I havent changed anything in the portal.

It was quite bizare as I was able to login in to any portal in chrome, explorerer and firefox but with the same url, username and password when logging into Safari at the same time I was not able too. I was getting the error I mentioned in the first post. Sometimes I wonder if I have gremlins in my computer.

Ill keep checking its working fine.

• 07-30-2013 10:33 AM In reply to

Answer

Ben, 

I thought it might be something do to with designing in the July version and trying to login via the June version, but I was able to do that without issue.  

Glad its working now.  If it happens again, feel free to give us a shout.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)