Method Community

Adding fields to Opportunities that triggers email to send

Last post 08-19-2013 10:46 PM by Method_Adam. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-19-2013 3:33 PM

Adding fields to Opportunities that triggers email to send

Hello! I'm trying to add a field that assigns an operations person to an opportunity when it is created. I want this field to send an email notification to the operations person when they are assigned an opportunity. I have it programmed with:

1. Start Conditional Statement >> Value From Screen >> Operations >> Not equal To >> Value From Session >> User - User Name

2. Enter Value Into Field on Screen >> Email Opportunity notification to user when saving? >> Type In >> Yes

2. End If

It's not emailing the operations contact, however. I think I'm overlooking something basic, but I'm new to Method, so I'm not sure what that is. Any feedback would be appreciated. 

Thank you!

Melissa

• 08-19-2013 10:46 PM In reply to

Re: Adding fields to Opportunities that triggers email to send

Answer

Hi Melissa,

Is the operations person different than the assigned user?  Are they also Method users?  

What I envision is a dropdown field you can select to assign an Operations person to the Opportunity (assuming they are different from the assigned user).  This will function much like the Assigned To dropdown does.  When the Operations person is selected, you can store their email address into the resultEmailBCC Action Result.  Then in the Hidden Function button of the screen, edit the "Email Opportunity to User" event and set action 17 to add in the email address to the BCC field.

This will then add their email address and send the email template (CRM_OpportunityAssignedToUser)to the Operations person as well as the Assigned User.  Now much of this depends on what values and table the Operations person is selected from.  Also, you can use the CC field instead of the BCC field, you'll just have to add in the addtional actions for this field.

Hope this helps.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)