Method Community

Viewing Screen and scroll bar issues

Last post 09-13-2013 2:42 PM by Method_Adam. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-04-2013 8:53 AM

Viewing Screen and scroll bar issues

I am having trouble viewing my entire Method screen.  I am using Firefox as my browser.  I have been using Firefox as my browser and did having problems in the past.  Maybe something has changed.  Sometimes I can see my scroll bar and sometimes I can't.  When I can see my scroll bar it will not go all the way to the boottom and stop so I can see the "Save" "Publish" etc buttons.  I have tried different screen resolutions but maybe I have not found the right one.  Do you have a recommended screen resolution?  I go between a 24" and a 22" screen.

These technical difficulties make it difficult to work.  I would appreciate any tips you can give me.

• 09-04-2013 10:22 AM In reply to

Re: Viewing Screen and scroll bar issues

Hi VLocke,

From the sounds of it, the reason you may not have been able to view the buttons was because the screen didn't fully load yet.  

I've seen the issue with the scroll bar missing.  I believe this is more of a browser issue than something to do with Method.  I seen this happen on other pages also, like Gmail on both Firefox and Chrome.

If you resize the window slightly, the scroll bar should return.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 09-04-2013 11:11 AM In reply to

Adam,

As far as the not fully loading idea, I read in a post about refreshing the screen. I have tried refreshing the screen but it doesn't appear to make a difference. I can physically see everything if I have access to the scroll bars on the side and bottom.  I realize slightly resizing the resolution will take care of the seeing the scroll bar.  But I didn't know if you had a recommended screen resolution and I am guessing if you do, that it would change with the size of the screen you are working on.

The bigger problem is, I still can't seem to keep the bottom of the screen available to me so I can save or publish my work.  When I pull the side scroll bar down to the bottom it will not stay there it immediately moves up enough where you cannot see the buttoms to choose to save or publish.  So to do anything I have to play a game of let's see if I can beat the computer and save this before it moves it off of the screen.  So I can't work.  Any ideas on this one.

Thanks,

Vicki

• 09-04-2013 11:21 AM In reply to

Vicki,

Is this a custom screen or a stock screen?  Could you enable MethodSupport and email me your company account name.  I can take a look and see if I get the same behavior on my end.  Have you tried a different browser?  I don't use Firefox much, so perhaps there was an update that may be causing this. I haven't heard of this before though.

As for screen resolution, there isn't any recommended setting.  I don't think changing the resolution will have any affect on the loading.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 09-12-2013 11:24 PM In reply to

Adam,

I did find that Chrome worked, Internet Explorer showed me the screeen but had other issues. 

My husband checked into this and found that Firefox changed their brower display defaults after version 21.  So I thought someone else may need to know this.  Some people are reinstalling version 21 because there were no problems like this with that version.

- Vicki

• 09-13-2013 2:42 PM In reply to

VLocke,

This is good info.  Thanks for letting us know.  I'll update the team.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)