Method Community

Change landing page for http://urlforportal/ - to Home tab

Last post 09-20-2013 9:51 AM by Anonymous. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-20-2013 8:36 AM

• krp2203
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-09-2013
    • Round Hill, Virginia
    • Posts 23

Change landing page for http://urlforportal/ - to Home tab

Good morning,

I'm having an issue with customers not knowing what there balance is because they dont know to look at the "Home" screen in the portal.  When an invoice is sent and they click the generated link it takes them to the "Recent transactions" tab by default and this tab does not have the idiot proof " Pay Balnce" button on it.  So if they have and invoice and a credit (as most of my customers do because I require a deposit upfront) they never click all avaiable invoice's and  credits just the invoice. leaving them with a negative balace.  Then i have to go in and refund them and its a bit of a pain.  So can anyone tell me how to change the landing page to the "Home" tab if you log in from the portal main page thats were you go by default but not from the link generated from the invoice email.

Thanks

Tractors Plus Mobile Service,LLC
    Kenneth R. Parsons, Member
    P.O. Box 481
    Round Hill,Va. 20142
    www.tractorsplus.biz
    703-263-1661
    703-263-1662 (fax)
    Toll free
    866-779-9318
  • 09-20-2013 9:51 AM In reply to

Re: Change landing page for http://urlforportal/ - to Home tab

Hi Kenneth,

I can think of a couple different ways you can do this, depending on the level of customization you are comfortable working with.  The first option would be to change the "Invoice Notification" email template located on the Home->Email Templates Screen.  You can simply add the main Contacts_Portal link located at Customize->Portals, and select the "Get sign-in web address..." link.  Copy the link provided in this pop-up window and paste it as a hyperlink in the Invoice Notification email, check the screenshot below for an example.  Keep in mind that this option would require your customer to create a login, and use a username and password each time in the future.

The 2nd option would be to customize the "Save & Email" button located on the "Quickbooks_Invoice" Screen, in the Footer section.  This would be fairly simple and only involves modifying one action.  However the benefit with this option over the other is that it will do exactly what you are asking, take your customer to the "Home" tab of the Contacts_Portal screen, but keep the same login type as originally available, using just their email address.  Go to edit the "Save & Email" button, locate and edit the action with the description "Get resultURLforPortal", then change the line "Tab Link to open" to "Contacts Portal>>Home".  Save, close and publish the updates you made to this action and the screen and you should now be setup correctly.  Refer to the screenshot below for this final step:

Please let us know if this helps.

-Ben

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)