Method Community

Adding more than two contacts using *.CSV import

Last post 10-03-2013 10:58 AM by Anonymous. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-02-2013 4:27 PM

Adding more than two contacts using *.CSV import

We are making our move to Method CRM from basically a mix of other software programs. We have successfully imported all of our Quickbooks data into method as well as Leads from another program. What we need to do now is import our contacts into Method using the CSV format. My main question is, Is there a way to import more than two contacts into Method using the CSV import. I have exported my customers from Method to .CSV file but need to add more contacts. Essentially since we used Quickbooks as our accounting package and most of the primary contacts within it are "accounts payable" which limits me to importing one addtional contact using the spreadsheet. I have about 3500 contacts to associate with about 1700 customers so a CSV import would be optimal so that I could utilize tools within Excel.

Thanks for any help

Ronnie

• 10-03-2013 10:58 AM In reply to

Re: Adding more than two contacts using *.CSV import

Hi Ronnie,

You are able to add more than two contacts to a Customer using the Import Tool in Method.  You can do this by using the "Contacts" table, so if you want to first export this table, you have to make sure you uncheck the "show only common tables" from Step 2, "Pick a table".  You will be required to include, as a minimum, the Company Name, Entity, and Name fields.  Make sure your Entity name is the same as the Customer Name that you would see if you went to edit the Customer from within Method.  I have attached a screenshot below of a .CSV file I imported to the Contacts table after making some modifications: 

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any further questions to accomplish this.

-Ben

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)