Method Community

Capturing a customers signature

Last post 09-27-2013 9:14 PM by JWS. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-27-2013 11:38 AM

• JWS
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-13-2013
    • Posts 40

Capturing a customers signature

I would like to capture a customers signature on the edit sales order page. Any ideas as to how to make that happen?

JWS
  • 09-27-2013 4:28 PM In reply to

Re: Capturing a customers signature

Hi JWS,

There could be a couple of ways to approach this, but this depends on how are you are attempting to add your customer's signature.  We have had this request in regards to mobile users in our forums, I found this link, which talks about how it can be done using a specific Android Application.  I am not making any recommendation here, but the user that pointed this out had this working for them, it was a good idea and can maybe give you some others.

Out of curiousity, do you require the signature on the actual "Edit Sales Order" screen, or would it be ok to have the signature on the PDF document that will be created from this Screen?  It would also be possible to print the Sales Order PDF, have the customer sign it, then add it back to the Documents section of Method after it has been signed.  Would any of these scenarios work for you?

-Ben

• 09-27-2013 9:14 PM In reply to

• JWS
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-13-2013
    • Posts 40

Re: Capturing a customers signature

It is neccessary for us to capture a signature for the sales order.

We currently print and have the customer sign and then scan it back into Method.

I just thought it would save alot of time entering a signature right into the edit customer page.

It would certainly save our sales team some time.

JWS
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)